Blessed Baraka (2015)

Blessed Baraka information

Year of Launch2015

HouseInitio

About Blessed Baraka

Blessed Baraka is a shared / unisex perfume by Initio. The scent was launched in 2015

Blessed Baraka fragrance notes

Reviews of Blessed Baraka

Floral notes together with a heavy-handed dose of sweet synthetic woods, together with vanilla. Robust and persistent, but unfortunately no clarity or separation of notes, linear, and without any iota of elegance or refinement, and two to three times as expensive as something similar from Montale or Mancera.

1.5/5
16th June, 2020
The Carlisle comparison is a great reference if you're trying to get an idea of what this smells like and are already familiar with the Parfums de Marly fragrance. Baraka may be a bit more woody and with stronger musks, but the difference is not too significant to keep you from getting an overall idea of the smell. I'll be honest though, I wasn't crazy about Carlisle and I'm not crazy about this either. While it smells alright, it's not something I'd want to wear all day. There's this undefined fruity note, resembling apple to some extent but a bit brighter and more floral, almost like something approaching osmanthus, and there's some spicy waxiness that comes through via the amber, and it's laid over a sandalwood base that's pretty intense. I don't like the way Morillas has been handling his woods lately, they all seem very strong and heavily loaded with scratchy synthetics...I guess that could also be the interplay between the woods and the musk that's having that effect, but in the end it comes off harsh, aggressive and grating on the nose. I was surprised by Blessed Baraka because Initio's been one of my favorite houses lately. I was thrilled with Rehab and Side Effect, and I think Absolute Aphrodisiac is nice as well. But while I appreciate Rehab and Side Effect for their smooth polish and expertly calibrated balance and strength, I don't find that in BB. Consider this an impression more than a review--I sampled it briefly and after 30 minutes scrubbed it off, so I won't be able to assess things like its performance or development, thought it seemed to be pretty strong. You may enjoy this if A) you like Carlisle, or B) enjoy your fragrances loud. This one's pretty loud. Final rating: 5.5/10
31st December, 2019
Big, loud opening with a sweet apple pie scent with vanilla heart, spices, booze (rum?) and I detect a slightly dirty/earthy rose-oud-saffron in it, although it's not listed. This is a seductive, winter, nighttime fragrance.

Seeing comparisons to PDM Layton, which is much sweeter, and also Carlisle which is sweeter and fresher/lighter. Might actually be closer to Layton Exclusif with the spices and earthiness. It stayed about the same from beginning to end on me.

Performance is very good with big projection and 8-10 hours longevity with only a couple sprays.
10th December, 2019

Add your review of Blessed Baraka

Shop for Blessed Baraka products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Blessed Baraka

There are no member images of Blessed Baraka yet. Why not be the first?