Absolute Aphrodisiac (2015)

Absolute Aphrodisiac information

Year of Launch2015

HouseInitio

About Absolute Aphrodisiac

Absolute Aphrodisiac is a shared / unisex perfume by Initio. The scent was launched in 2015

Absolute Aphrodisiac fragrance notes

Reviews of Absolute Aphrodisiac

This is a bit like Musc Ravageur in that it is primarily a musky vanilla scent, only in AA the clove is replaced with castoreum and a bit of white florals. The end result is something very sweet but also definitely unisex. Others have mentioned there being a strawberry Nesquik scent, and I do get wafts reminiscent of that from time to time as I turn my head, but it's not apparent when you take a whiff up close. Definitely going to give it another wear. Right now it's a like, not a love.
24th February, 2020
When I put this on it instantly reminded me of something but I just couldn’t remember what it was. Then it hit me—Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan. In fact they’re very similar, as Ambre Sultan opens with a distinct sort of woody animalic spiciness that lays over the amber and gives the composition its general flavor. That same combination is apparent here as well, but instead of resting over a rich, resinous amber, it lies over a rich, creamy vanilla. It’s a nice fragrance, my third favorite in the line from those I’ve tested so far, with good longevity and just moderate projection. It’s something I could enjoy wearing for sure but for nearly $200 less I can get nearly the same thing in Ambre Sultan. And when it comes down to it, a resinous amber isn’t far off from a dark, creamy vanilla when the rest of the composition smells the same. If you’ve never smelled Sultan, then I’d describe Baraka as this: a vanilla fragrance with a distinct woody quality that has animalic under tones. It’s not a smell that is common among fragrances (other than AS), so it really needs to be smelled to be understood. It’s most likely a result of the castoreum, but still, it requires a sniff for clarification. Final rating, a solid 8/10, give or take half a point depending on how important originality is to you.
31st December, 2019
A simple, sweet-vanilla scent from beginning to end. Anyone who likes high-end vanilla scented candles will enjoy this.

Performance is very good with strong projection and all day longevity.
29th May, 2019
The name is pretty accurate. Beautiful scent.
19th December, 2018

Add your review of Absolute Aphrodisiac

Shop for Absolute Aphrodisiac products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Absolute Aphrodisiac

There are no member images of Absolute Aphrodisiac yet. Why not be the first?