Alaļa (2015)

PerfumerMarie Salamagne
SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyShiseido > Beaute Prestige International

About Alaļa

Alaļa is a feminine perfume by Azzedine Alaļa. The scent was launched in 2015 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Marie Salamagne

Alaļa fragrance notes

Reviews of Alaļa

A strange, angular thing that smells like a Helmut Newton photo
part fashion, part fetish.

*****
07th May, 2020 (last edited: 04th June, 2020)
I totally get the negative reviews, and I don’t even disagree with the points they make.

And this fragrance has captured the ambient scent of working in a high end department store in 1991, when Alaia dresses were a really big deal. I could not have told you which notes would create that effect, apart from maybe a strong aquatic note and leather. I get more violet than freesia from this, though freesia would be so in keeping with the early 90s idea - Antonia’s Flowers was so beloved.

The marketing materials I’ve heard about don’t seem to make any mention of this department store impression as part of the brief, so I don’t know that it’s intentional. But it IS uncanny.

I find the scent to be a sillage and longevity beast, which only goes to show that what we’re anosmic to isn’t universal; I can’t smell Prada Candy.

I would love this if it went more violet/mineral/suede and less aquatic on my skin. Or maybe aquatics are what my nose picks up most because I don’t much like them. Usually I spray a little in my leather bag instead of wearing it on my person, and will later notice an unusual and beautiful smell and forget for a minute that it’s Alaia.
07th May, 2019
Opening is an assault of contemporary Saccharin sweetened, Musk, indistinct Floral, with hints to Tobacco in the aftertaste. Topped with an Aquatic, it has an effect similar, to, soft hydrogenated Peanut Butter stickiness to my palate. Olfactive, soft, muddy dullness, with whispers of public lavatory flatulence lingering.
I am hugely entertained by the "Musings" of this scent
by Luca Turin.
Boom XB-1 Baby Boom commercial iterations, I hope, would choose, to pump in Bond No.9 Westside, for an appropriate Nostalgie.
This stuff, needs to remain, on the shelves of, American Shopping Malls and Airports.
01st September, 2018
Even worse than Narciso edp. Unidentifiable dry florals + a peppery, chemical mishmash that smells more irksome than bland. I'm having a hard time trying to imagine anyone paying money for this and deliberately wearing it.
20th August, 2018
Smells like flying business class: generic spa toiletries, a bit of leather car interior, metallic recycled air and a bit of musk. It's uncanny as a scent memory but not a perfume I want to wear.
29th July, 2018
Practically nonexistent, this scent begins with a dry peppery accord, then weaves in a floral mix that is more chemical than floral (freesia? peony? I think not!) It ends in a non-descript white musk with a sharp, metalic chemical underlay.

Quite poor, indeed!
08th August, 2017

Add your review of Alaļa

Shop for Alaļa products online

Shop for Alaļa at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Alaļa

There are no member images of Alaļa yet. Why not be the first?