Mesmerising Oudh Accord & Gold (2015)
by Molton Brown

Mesmerising Oudh Accord & Gold information

Year of Launch2015

HouseMolton Brown
PerfumerPhilippe Bousseton
Parent CompanyKao

About Mesmerising Oudh Accord & Gold

Mesmerising Oudh Accord & Gold is a shared / unisex perfume by Molton Brown. The scent was launched in 2015 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Philippe Bousseton

Mesmerising Oudh Accord & Gold fragrance notes

Reviews of Mesmerising Oudh Accord & Gold

Molton Brown – Mesmerizing Oudh Accord & Gold is the 2019 EDP release following the 2015 EDT release. This is only my second try from the brand, following Orange & Bergamot EDP, and like that previous try, MOAG makes an impression, but in a much different way.

MOAG is rather spicy while not being too adventurous for most people. It fits in with some typical designer spicy (cold-weather-leaning) men’s fragrances, and the note breakdown is primarily spicy: cardamom, black pepper, saffron, and oud headline the list, with some woods, rose, vanilla, and black tea underscoring the spices. So it’s not a spice overload but nearly that, I’d say. The “gold” and “oudh” monikers are a bit misleading as I get relatively little oud and there’s nothing all that golden about it, in my opinion.

It performs quite well, though. It could be a mainstay cold weather option for those that enjoy spicy fragrances, as it’s dense and loud and pungent for hours after application. Ot’s priced at $160 for 100ml, which isn’t poor but not altogether that enticing, still under the $2/1ml mark but not particularly interesting or innovative.

In conclusion, I like it but don’t love it, but could easily see this working for a lot of people—for the nth time, fans of the spicy stuff, predominantly.

7 out of 10
21st January, 2020
This is undetectable on me after a short while. It's a shame because it smells really good when I first apply it. I'd liked to see it strengthened and then I'd give it a big thumbs-up.
04th April, 2017
Already owning their excellent Oudh shower gel, I decided to purchase the EDT and I am very happy I did. This is a beautifully crafted, light and fresh take on Oudh, and although unisex, I would say it leans more to the masculine.

We get sweetness, spice, earthiness, musky warmth and a freshness, all balanced with seemingly effortless poise and elegance. An hour or so in and the tea accord gives a really nice, light lift to proceedings. A pleasant tobacco accord arrives later in the dry down, providing another welcome development, and keeping things interesting before the scent retreats to a softer, powdery, musky skin scent.

The Oudh accord is noticeable enough to provide an attractive headiness without being pungent. Overall, it is slightly sweeter than the shower gel of the range and the Oudh accord in the shower gel may even be a little heavier, though obviously shorter lived. Those who prefer lighter Oudhs, or are looking for a different take on the genre, would do well to give this a try. This is a very good perfume for the money.

Whilst it does sit fairly close to the skin, it will last throughout the working day, so it has decent longevity.

Do I wish it was a tad less subtle? It is such an appealing fragrance, that I'd say yes, but that is by no means a criticism. This is a really well done, inventive take on Oudh. Highly recommended.
29th January, 2016 (last edited: 04th February, 2016)

Add your review of Mesmerising Oudh Accord & Gold

Shop for Mesmerising Oudh Accord & Gold products online

Shop for Mesmerising Oudh Accord & Gold at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Mesmerising Oudh Accord And Gold EDT 50ml

AE • Buy it now: USD 69.00.

Member images of Mesmerising Oudh Accord & Gold

There are no member images of Mesmerising Oudh Accord & Gold yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]