Narciso Rodriguez for Him Bleu Noir (2015)
by Narciso Rodriguez

Narciso Rodriguez for Him Bleu Noir information

Year of Launch2015

HouseNarciso Rodriguez
Parent CompanyShiseido > Beaute Prestige International

About Narciso Rodriguez for Him Bleu Noir

Narciso Rodriguez for Him Bleu Noir is a masculine fragrance by Narciso Rodriguez. The scent was launched in 2015

Narciso Rodriguez for Him Bleu Noir fragrance notes

Reviews of Narciso Rodriguez for Him Bleu Noir

Narciso Rodriguez for Him Bleu Noir EdT (pretty long name!) is basically a play on Declaration and Declaration Essence. The cumin is dialed down, and there's a musk note to align it with the aesthetics of the others in the line. It is a bit more polished, refined and modern relative to something like Declaration Essence, but also much less distinctive as it loses what made those Cartier perfumes interesting. Additionally it just wears too close to skin without much development.

2.5/5
22nd July, 2020
It's Cartier Declaration Essence, folks, not Terre d'Hermes. Actually, it's Declaration Essence without the prickly spices, smoky birch wood, or dry lime - ie., far less interesting. Narciso Bleu Noir doesn't smell bad, just pointless. Why does this thing exist?
21st February, 2020
I get TDH in the opening , but darker and deeper...spiciness creeps in...doesn't really strike me as being sweet...the TDH effect dissipates and allows this fragrance to stand on its own...a multitasking scent...i see this wearable from casual to dressed up...Lives most of the rest of its life as a spicy/musky cedarwood with a slight resiny touch...very wearable and enjoyable...
24th July, 2019
Just about a thumbs up.

Not a bad effort at all. I get a strong TDH vibe. TDH with extra musk and an underlying spice/mint note. Nothing to blow your socks off but decent for a cheapie.

27th February, 2019
Opens up with cumin, musk, and patchouli. Nothing "blue". Later the drydown starts to bring out the floral notes like cardamom and violet. Yeah, I still get the violet even if it's not listed. It never really feels "blue", like an aquatic but it does feel somber, if that's what they mean by "Bleu".

Feels formal and mature but not an old-guy smell. It's just not playful. More thoughtful.

Lasts 8-10 hours on my skin with decent projection.
01st November, 2018
I like this.
Rudolfo512 has it spot on.
Sweet and spicy mixed with musk. As time goes on the cedar wood eventually starts overlapping the musk. Pleasant to the senses with depth, although not the most exciting or masculine of fragrances due to the sweetness but not unisex either. Perhaps a signature scent. Strong and it lasts. I don't get the TdH similarity on my skin.
Although this gets a thumbs up I still have to make up my mind about being full bottle worthy.
Addendum: My wife agrees with me. It is really too sweet in the opening and mid. Much better towards the end with the woodiness. So a reluctant farewell for me. What might have been. So close and yet so far.

Fragrance: 7.25/10 maybe up to 8.5 if it grows on me.
Projection: 8/10
Longevity: 8.5/10
19th October, 2018 (last edited: 21st October, 2018)

Add your review of Narciso Rodriguez for Him Bleu Noir

Shop for Narciso Rodriguez for Him Bleu Noir products online

Shop for Narciso Rodriguez for Him Bleu Noir at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Narciso Rodriguez for Him Bleu Noir

There are no member images of Narciso Rodriguez for Him Bleu Noir yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Narciso Rodriguez for Him Bleu Noir