Extreme Blue (2015)

HouseMichael Kors
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies > Aramis and Designer Fragrances

About Extreme Blue

Michael Kors says:

Extreme Blue has a relaxed but powerful attitude that’s perfect for a busy, urban life.  It's inspired by the man who has it all because he knows what he wants and how to get it. It’s a heightened way to live.

Extreme Blue fragrance notes

Reviews of Extreme Blue

This one is quite nice. I’m surprised it doesn’t have more reviews. Reminds me a bit of Eternity Air, which I really like, so it makes sense. Nice bottle and presentation too.

This isn’t a light, “splashy” blue scent. I don’t consider this sporty or aquatic. Its gentlemanly. It’s got some depth and sophistication. It’s suave.

You don’t wear this to the beach, or the pool. Unless it’s evening and cocktails by the pool. You wear it to an outdoor brunch, or sporting event. A garden party, this would play very nice with smart clothes, even a blazer. The kind you’d wear in the tropics or at the Beverly Hills hotel. Not formal.

Sillage is nice. Ok projection.

Starts out citrusy and ends up Amber/musk/woods. It’s got a little BdC vibe going too, but not nearly that complicated.

It smells good, ok? Isn’t that why we do this?
07th May, 2021 (last edited: 23rd May, 2021)
Similar to Lanvin Oxygen, but not as good (not that Oxygen is great).

The opening smells something like a more Ambroxan heady Banana Republic Cordovan (one of the most boring fragrances I ever smelled already), then this dries down into something like a Zegna Uomo. The best part of Uomo is the opening, not the dry down. So here I get a boring opening, a boring dry down, poor performance, and completely non-unique. Is it repulsive? No, not at all, it smells good to an average person. I'm not an average person, and I don't wanna smell like a safe gym sent. Most of the people reading this are probably not average Joe buyers either. They want something different, or at least good. This is neither.
28th February, 2021 (last edited: 13th April, 2021)
A sharp "Blue" scent, to be certain! A bit sharper for me than I'd prefer, but that seems to be alleviated by spraying less of it on.

No resemblance to the original Michael Kors scent; a daring, sharp flanker that seems to be forging its own track.

20th December, 2016
rbaker Show all reviews
The usual bergamot-based opening blast has a hint if a spicy undertone, and added traces if cardamom give it a bit of an interesting twist.

In the drydown a not particularly convincing juniper note combines with nonspecific woodsy elements and a very generic ambery flavour that cannot really raise any particular attention.

I get moderate sillage, adequate to poor projection and four hours of longevity.

Very much like many other scents, this one has a freshish start good for spring; it is not badly done but fairly generic, very synthetic and nothing special or extremely good. 2.75/5.
21st June, 2016
This is a clear headed, light but penetrating scent that is built around ambrox and cashmeran plus I think I feel some iso e super in here as well. With accessory notes of pink pepper, cardamom, juniper and cypress the character of the scent leans heavily towards a light incense or clear woods aroma. It reads clear and neutral and is a refreshing scent to wear in hot weather and surprises me at often I get strong wafts of its freshness throughout the day. This late blooming blue juice scent is one of the better fresh scents you can find on the "designer" shelves and in my opinion Extreme Blu "one ups" Escentric Molecules at their neutral synthetic woods game. Nicely done fragrance, but a boring tired name and image - Blu! really? I expected more style from a designer of Michael Kors standing. But it is an excellent fragrance for summer heat.
15th June, 2016
I am updating my review and giving this thumbs up. The issue was that I compared it to Michael...this is a flanker of that I thought. But it isn't; they simply share bottles.

The scent: a damp bath towel, complete with the lingering smell of shower gel. The overall effect is the smell of a bathroom used by a man only. You get hints of hair follicle, a manly ocean breezy soap and sun beaten white ceramic. I really like the effect. Does not like heat and humidity. Thumbs up for capturing such a vivid aura of a modern man.

Previous review:
This is a very low neutral rating. Similar to Echo in its transparence, I think its a poor excuse flanker. A perfect throw away fizzy ozonic jus for hot summers.
01st October, 2015 (last edited: 04th November, 2015)

Add your review of Extreme Blue

Shop for Extreme Blue products online

Shop for Extreme Blue at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Member images of Extreme Blue

There are no member images of Extreme Blue yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]