Mimosa & Cardamom (2015)

PerfumerMarie Salamagne
SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Mimosa & Cardamom

Mimosa & Cardamom is a feminine perfume by Jo Malone London. The scent was launched in 2015 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Marie Salamagne

Mimosa & Cardamom fragrance notes

Reviews of Mimosa & Cardamom

rbaker Show all reviews
Whilst the heliotrope is in the foreground initially, I soon get quite a bit of the mimosa, although it never is really impressive. The floral opening is a light affair.

The heat notes are a somewhat nonspecific rose that is spiced up with just a bit of cardamom.

The base adds a woodsy side - sandal with a bit of imagination and a discreet sweetness owing a tonka impression that is light and bright and never heavy or cloying.

I get soft sillage, limited projection and five hours of longevity on my skin.

A nice idea, an agreeable spring scent, but to anaemic to make a lasting impression. 2.75/5.
21st September, 2020
To me, this smells mostly like Heliotropin, a pleasant familiar chemical that resembles floral-tinged marzipan. It's sweetened with vanilla and made fuzzy and comforting with musk, while quiet clove gives a pinch of Christmas spice. The mimosa is subtle, pushed into the background by the almond smell, and I really can't sense any cardamom in here at all.

The end result is a warm almond candy gourmand with hints of florals - not quite what I was expecting but pleasant nonetheless. That being said, if you like this style, there are much more complex and satisfying perfumes out there in this same vein, most notably Malle's L'Eua d'Hiver, if you don't mind a higher price for a better scent.
05th January, 2017
If you enjoy warmer spicy fragrances, this is a really beautiful Autumnal scent. I find the cardamom note really comforting. It's the kind of fragrance I enjoy spritzing onto a scarf to bury my nose into on a miserable rainy day in London. I enjoy that this fragrance is quite unusual, I have yet to smell one quite like it. Very pleasant, and much like with other Jo Malone fragrances I love the innovative combination of notes but I find the lasting power leaves much to be desired. It actually lasts better than other Jo Malone fragrances in my collection but still not great. The scent is gently spicy and I find myself over-spraying which I think you can get away with as it is not an overpowering fragrance.

08th June, 2016

Add your review of Mimosa & Cardamom

Shop for Mimosa & Cardamom products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Mimosa & Cardamom

There are no member images of Mimosa & Cardamom yet. Why not be the first?