Sauvage (2015)

HouseChristian Dior
PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Sauvage

Sauvage is a masculine fragrance by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 2015 and the fragrance was created by perfumer François Demachy

Sauvage fragrance notes

Reviews of Sauvage

Sauvage by Dior opens with bergamot and pepper. These notes hang somewhere between sweetness, general freshness and freshly laundered sheets. By using well-known materials combined with the effect of cleanliness, you get the impression that Sauvage was designed for a modern man, whether he is savage or not.

The heart notes are filled with vetiver and rough notes of sichuan and pink pepper, however dry lavender and ambroxan, which introduces characteristic balsamic accords, dominate here. This stage makes the composition more austere.

When Sauvage is approaching its end, it softens to a state that is far from its radically fresh opening. Patchouli becomes subtly smoothed and the scent of woody notes stays close to skin.
09th August, 2020
If you’re in the mood for something loud and brash, give this a shot.

This is the loudest fragrance I own. It booms.

Honestly it’s not bad. It’s quite nice. Snobs will deride it as mass-market junk, but it’s very far from that.

Projection and longevity are excellent. I have the EDT.

I don’t think you need to pop for the edp or parfum out of fear that the EDT won’t perform.

Not disappointed with purchase.
24th July, 2020
I rather enjoy writing my reviews, and I think it best to have fun with them, as I try to do with most things in life. That said, those of you who may read my reviews will get a rare treat with this one, as my wife is the unintentional reviewer this go-around.

I am quite familiar with Sauvage due to its ubiquity but have never taken the time to review it, mainly because I find it abrasive and I'm not really a fan at all, though it is well-made and its sales numbers prove its popularity. While I was looking through a desk drawer, I found a sample of it, decided I'd do a review on it because I was sort of bored at the time, and then sprayed some on the back of my hand and headed downstairs to where my wife was, in our family room.

As a preface, my wife wears fragrances but is not a connoisseur by any stretch. She can't identify specific notes, but she has a pretty decent nose when it comes to those things which we as "fans" might try to consider objectively good or bad. She was sitting on the couch, working on her computer, when I stuck the back of my hand towards her face and said "What do you think?" She sniffed, winced and then recoiled. She then slowly inched back towards my hand, much the way a timid puppy might slowly approach the hand of a stranger and sniffed again:

"Smells like something a douche would wear."

Ladies and Gentleman, Sauvage Eau de Toilette by Dior.

11th June, 2020
It's not often I review something I feel is totally outside of my ken. Since there's a term "Aquatic," maybe Sauvage should be dubbed a "Desertic." Or a "You're on an arid plain with mountains on the horizon, which you'll expire before you reach while wearing this scent." I like to wear colognes, but Sauvage is definitely a scent that I feel wants to wear me. It's like wanting a drink of water and being given ether. To be clear, I can understand the appeal, and I can like it (somewhat) on others. I get the best-seller aspect. But the chemical blast of Sauvage on me is unrelenting, and not enjoyable. The Ambroxan is overwhelming and unpleasant. (I have a similar reaction to fragrances with too much Iso E Super). I don't understand the comparisons at all to Chanel Bleu, but maybe that's just me. It may be a generational thing, but when I think of a good scent with a geranium base, I think Tabac. Sauvage is worlds away and maybe a harbinger of trends to come. It's like taking a deep breath on Mars.
03rd March, 2020
I have to agree with most of the negative reviews. I smelled this one a couple of times during the year after constantly hearing good things from Jeremy Fragrance. I was thinking if this guy is so impressed and in love with this frag, then it must be good. So I doubted my own opinion each time but after smelling it for the third or fourth time recently, I have to conclude that Sauvage isn't for me. I find it too harsh, synthetic and headache inducing.
10th December, 2019
Blind buy for me and didn’t know what to expect. 1st wear was one spray on the neck and it last over 12 hours. Seemed to have built up a tolerance now I smell it around 6-8. First spray was a Metallic Fresh Classy Ambroxan scent that’s good any old time you choose. Really like this one and I will be picking up a second bottle.
30th October, 2019

Add your review of Sauvage

Shop for Sauvage products online

Shop for Sauvage at online perfumeries

Search on eBay