Les Exceptions : Woodissime (2016)
by Thierry Mugler

Les Exceptions : Woodissime information

Year of Launch2016

HouseThierry Mugler
PerfumerJean-Christophe Herault
Parent CompanyGroupe Clarins

About Les Exceptions : Woodissime

Woodissime is characterized by its overdose of sensual Oud wood, stirred with the softness of Osmanthus flower. Woodissime's mesmerizing fragrance trail captures an unexpected harmony between woody intensity and floral sparkle.

Les Exceptions : Woodissime fragrance notes

Reviews of Les Exceptions : Woodissime

Pretty good. Slightly reminds me of Pardon. Pardon is much better though. Boozy, with a nice sandalwood sidekick and vetiver background make this a nice fragrance. 7/10
10th February, 2020
I'm always a sucker for a well-crafter wood scent. I was quite eager to give "Les Exceptions: Woodissime" by Thierry Mugler a sample run....

The spray-on begins with a sweet, boozy experience that reminds me of aperitifs like Gran Marnier and Disaronno (orange and almond liqueurs, respectively). It is a surprisingly simple, clean start to something I'd expected to be more woody. If there is any woody resemblance, it's in a stripped-down cedar sitting within this arguably, singularly floral quality (the osmanthus) with a moderate touch of patchouli. And being an oud note fanatic, I was sniffing and sniffing to try and detect it; I detect a smidgen of it in there, but nothing definitive. Vetiver, well...again, in very subtle amounts, if at all. Sandalwood may be the most evident wood note in this overall very simple, bare composition.

This fragrance reminds me of a close cousin to a surprisingly well-made and inexpensive scent made by TJ Maxx, called Bourbon Craft. Both are heavy on sandalwood and with an unmistakable boozy nature that renders them smooth and sensuous. Personally, I find that Bourbon Craft would be a more satisfactory experience, by no means smelling "cheap" (though it goes for US$13) yet exuding a classy character. Woodissime EdP would then seem WAY overpriced by comparison, doing just about the same thing as Bourbon Craft, albeit more subtly.

I like Woodissime, but given the inexpensive alternative that is SO similar to it, I wouldn't plunk down the serious $$$'s for it.
01st July, 2018 (last edited: 05th August, 2018)
Incense and wood with some modern boozy-sweetness thrown in on top of old-school patchouli. In the same vein as other oud-wood-incense scents but has a smooth, refined finish. Some might say well-blended.

Projection is very good and the scent lingers all day.
22nd November, 2017

Add your review of Les Exceptions : Woodissime

Shop for Les Exceptions : Woodissime products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Les Exceptions : Woodissime

There are no member images of Les Exceptions : Woodissime yet. Why not be the first?