Replica By the Fireplace (2015)
by Martin Margiela

Replica By the Fireplace information

Year of Launch2015

HouseMartin Margiela
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Replica By the Fireplace

Replica By the Fireplace is a shared / unisex perfume by Martin Margiela. The scent was launched in 2015

Replica By the Fireplace fragrance notes

Reviews of Replica By the Fireplace

flaneuse Show all reviews
Initially, this is lovely, but I'm not sure I when I could wear it: it would smell like I'd burnt a dessert and gone out in the same clothes I cooked and cleared it up in. A few hours later it's almost straightforwardly vanillic, verging on too ordinary, as the complex smokiness subsides. I like having this around, though, and I daresay I'll use the sample again.
09th June, 2021
I think it smelled like candle or room spray more than perfume. Not a fan.
25th November, 2020
I have a sampler set (“Memory Box”) of Replica scents, and this is one of them. When I first got the box I didn’t even try this one on my skin after sniffing it—too smokey, I thought. However, after reading a few reviews that said the smoke really takes a backseat to the vanilla, I thought I’d give it a try. I’m glad I did, because I like it a lot better on my skin. Unlike sniffing it from the bottle (campfire all the way) on the skin the smoke immediately becomes a subtle note mixed with the vanilla, like toasted marshmallow. If you don’t like sweet you won’t like this, but if you do, it’s not bad. On the down side, it is fairly linear. I wouldn’t buy a full bottle, but I’ll use up my little sample bottle.
02nd November, 2019
My favorite of the Replica series so far. The smoke and vanilla create a pleasant toasted marshmallow vibe that in my opinion is unisex and very mellow, not overwhelming. In fact, I think it could a bit stronger, particularly longevity-wise. Only lasts a couple hours, especially in any kind of heat. Definitely worth a sample though.
25th September, 2019
I love this fragance. Every time I go to Sephora, give a try. Looking to buy a full bottle in October '19. It's beginning to smell like Christmass.
22nd September, 2019
I love a good gourmand, but By the Fireplace pushes into stomach-churning territory, ostensibly an aromatic picture or a s'mores-by-the-fire scene, but what it actually delivers is a grotesque mish-mash of acute marshmallow sweetness and a barbecue grill-ish smoke effect.
22nd August, 2019