Equipage Géranium (2015)

Equipage Géranium information

Year of Launch2015

HouseHermès

About Equipage Géranium

Equipage Géranium is a masculine fragrance by Hermès. The scent was launched in 2015

Equipage Géranium fragrance notes

Reviews of Equipage Géranium

For my money, this and Elixir des Merveilles are the highlights of Ellena's Hermès tenure. He's more satisfying when he bringd his unique style to bear on established creations.

This is an old-meets-new creation par excellence, less a revision of Equipage than a reinterpretation that stands on its own two feet.

Arguably one of the greatest clove fragrances ever produced.
12th November, 2020
rbaker Show all reviews
The geranium rules - strong, but not bombers rich, more of a brighter and elegant geranium. A nice start.

How does this fit in with the original Equipage? Not very well so far. The drydown adds a bright rise blossom impression, with little wood or stem characteristics. A rather discreet minty undertone is also present. All this remains bright and un-Equipage-like.

Towards the base we are finally reaching home base. A woodsy note - sandalwood mainly is forthcoming, and accompanied by a lovely leather note, which is the component most faithfully kept form the original.

I get moderate sillage, good projection and seven hours of longevity on my skin.

This lovely scent for warmer spring or autumn days is quite trimmed and slimmed down when compared with the beautiful original. Compared with many other contemporary flankers form various houses, this olfactory mutation captures a good part of the core of the original - mainly in the later phases of its development - whilst creating an interesting twist towards a warmer weather composition. It is much simpler and less sophisticated with less texture - an Equipage lite so to speak - but not without its merits. 3.5/5.
28th August, 2020
Houses along a Road by Paul Cézanne 1881
14th June, 2019
DanHD Show all reviews
I respect this one but definitely don't like it. It has a cold feeling to me. I can see what Elena was trying to do, but it's just too green and particular, with not enough warmth. It falls in the same realm as French Lover / Bois d'Orage for me.

I have a large decant of the original Equipage, and I don't like that one either. After a few wearings it felt too heavy and "mature" for my tastes. I was hoping the Geranium version would be more wearable.
15th September, 2018
I need to give this stuff some credit. It is really well put together. Nicely blended and smells quite sophisticated if somewhat stuffy. My problem is that I have realized that I just don't care for geranium. Sold my bottle.
30th April, 2018 (last edited: 01st November, 2018)
Thumbs up on its own merits, but I'll take the original.

Equipage Geranium is quite similar to the outstanding Equipage, but a sparkling green top of mint and I guess geranium replaces the spicy/smooth citrus and floral burst of the original. My nose simply interprets it as a refreshing and well done green accord.

The underlying structure heading into the heart and base smells extremely similar to the original, but takes a lighter, woodier, and somewhat soapier tone, compared to the rather rich and spicy warmth of its big brother. More versatile. A bit less interesting.

The thing is, one of the most attractive aspects of the original is the light, sparking nature it maintains despite its strength and spicy floral nature. It doesn't feel heavy at all, despite impressive strength. So I'm not sure a lighter/soapy flanker was needed in this case.

Sillage is rather muted, but longevity is an adequate 6 hours or so.
01st December, 2017

Add your review of Equipage Géranium

Shop for Equipage Géranium products online

Shop for Equipage Géranium at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Equipage Geranium by Hermes EDT Spray 3.3 oz

US • Buy it now: USD 69.00.

Equipage Geranium By Hermes Edt Spray 3.3 Oz

US • Buy it now: USD 106.94.

Member images of Equipage Géranium

There are no member images of Equipage Géranium yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]