Encre Noire à l'Extrême (2015)
by Lalique

Encre Noire à l'Extrême information

Year of Launch2015

HouseLalique
PerfumerNathalie Lorson
Parent CompanyDenz > Art & Fragrance

About Encre Noire à l'Extrême

The company say:

Richer, sultrier and more powerful than ever, the fragrance’s woody intensity sheds new light on the personality of the Encre Noire man. Virile and sensuous. Refined and demanding. Singular and seductive. Between darkness and light, Encre Noire à l’Extrême redefines masculinity

Encre Noire à l'Extrême fragrance notes

Reviews of Encre Noire à l'Extrême

Dark, dirty, dry and earthy. This vetiver-wood combo is so smokey it almost feels like oud.

Powerful projection and all day longevity.
08th June, 2020
Thumbs up on this one. Blind buy and to me it’s very similar to Thierry Mugler A men pure wood just darker. Definitely get the pencil shaving vibe but there’s just so much more going on that it’s classy pencil shavings. Cold weather wear just about anywhere. If you like woody scents you’ll like this one.
30th October, 2019
Encre Noire was a masterpiece of biomechanical severity. Encre Noire à l'Extrême is its mildly more wearable, more full-bodied sibling, giving its central inky vetiver accord some comforting warmth and richness.

This is what a good flanker looks like, maintaining the DNA of the original while taking it to a different, but just as satisfactory, destination.
28th October, 2019 (last edited: 20th April, 2020)
My first taste of this was subverted by a Vetiver Oil perfume that had clung to my shirt from the day before.
A nasty Vetiver that scented of dirty dirt rather than clean soil.
Subsequent anointment of the Lalique revealed a very pleasant, modern, clean and almost dry flavour reminscent of my sleek Elie Saab No.6 Vetiver.
If you are looking for the elegant, smokey Majesty of Chanel Sycomore EDT or the sweet soapy Standard bearer of the Guerlain, you won't find it here.
Lalique however, hits the spot, in it's Olfactory image and limited pain to the pocketbook.
14th October, 2019
I've always taken personal offense when people compared Encre Noir to my beloved Sycomore, as if somebody was insulting my own boyfriend. I found original EN harsh, thin, and bad-tempered. But this Extreme version is a whole different animal: a smoky vetiver heart decorated with softer woody resins and incense, well-mannered, even sophisticated. I even like the handsome chunky bottle. And what a bargain -- I see 100ml bottles going for $30-40.  And there's shower gel, too.

It's not dank and damp, like the original. Much drier, much more incensey. I never liked that inky aspect of the original EN. It's just now at the drydown stage on me (5 hours) and it's lovely, soft and grassy/smokey. No evidence of those everlasting woody aromachemicals so common to mass-market men's scent these days.

It's way too butch for me (a woman) to wear, but I would love to smell this on any man. I may have to buy a bottle and just arbitrarily spritz it on male passers-by. They'll thank me later, right?
09th September, 2019
I just love this sent. Watched the reviews on YouTube and they were spot on. For the price this is such a unique creation. Only drawback is the wife is not so keen on it. I'm going to keep with it because of the enjoyment it gives me but not sure it's a crowd pleaser.
16th March, 2019

Add your review of Encre Noire à l'Extrême

Shop for Encre Noire à l'Extrême products online

Shop for Encre Noire à l'Extrême at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Encre Noire à l'Extrême

There are no member images of Encre Noire à l'Extrême yet. Why not be the first?