Encre Noire à l'Extrême (2015)
by Lalique

Encre Noire à l'Extrême information

Year of Launch2015

HouseLalique
PerfumerNathalie Lorson
Parent CompanyDenz > Art & Fragrance

About Encre Noire à l'Extrême

The company say:

Richer, sultrier and more powerful than ever, the fragrance’s woody intensity sheds new light on the personality of the Encre Noire man. Virile and sensuous. Refined and demanding. Singular and seductive. Between darkness and light, Encre Noire à l’Extrême redefines masculinity

Encre Noire à l'Extrême fragrance notes

Reviews of Encre Noire à l'Extrême

Not my cup of tea. The benzoin and incense create what I can only describe as a dirty, dark headache inducing patchouli scent on my skin. It just may be my chemistry but I've tried 3 wearings with the same result. Ugh.
29th May, 2021
Encre Noire à l'extrême, in my view, is the best of the three outings from that collection. While it has this "inky" aspect to it much like the original, it seems to be somewhat toned down by a plethora of other woody notes, a tad of bergamot and an extra kick of vetiver. It is still there, but it does not steal the show as it does in the original, which honestly leaves me quite perplexed every time I wear it. This makes the scent way more versatile and just overall more appealing to me.

It doesn't have the bit of freshness that was injected into Encre Noire Sport, however the widened array of woody notes give it some interesting depth and carry the notes from that original formula into classier, deeper territory. While to my nose, Encre Noire Sport felt like sitting in a saw mill filled with freshly cut, dry lumber, the woods in this flanker feel somewhat damp, and give the scent a sense of darkness that I'd most likely associate with a grey sky, chilly/cold weather and a bit of wind.

Presentation is pretty incredible, given that this is a total cheapie. Not that I care about how a bottle looks, but I can appreciate a nice design, and this looks really classy. I also must say that Encre Noire à l'extrême smells much more expensive than the number printed on its price tag. It also performs really well, and lasts for several hours, although it projects moderately.

Make no mistake, this is not a mass-appealing scent by any stretch of the imagination, however it's one that I like to rock every now and then, definitely best worn in the fall, preferably on a rainy day or a rainy night. Oddly enough, I could equally picture myself wearing this at a cottage with a hoodie on, or at the office in late October while suited up.

Given that we've been locked down due to the pandemic for the last year or so (and I have been teleworking since), I'm curious to wear it in those opposite aforementioned scenarios.
11th May, 2021
Encre Noire a L'extreme does a pretty good job of Sycomore, at first, and works very well for the first two hours or so. The itch is in the dry down which is straight up ammonia norlimbanol overwhelm to me. It seems woodyambers just hack at my schnoz some special. Many esteemed noses praise it and I will try some more but I think it'll make a nice gift for a friend ultimately.
09th March, 2021
Creamy, smooth and masculine. Take the original Encre Noir and soften the raw earth elements with touches of bergamot and iris. Supplement with a hint of incense, gentlemanly sandalwood and classic patchouli. I absolutely love vetiver and EN Extreme is such an amazing scent and incredible value. Everyone should own at least one of the EN line.
09th January, 2021
The masterfully rustic Encre Noire is reimagined with a sensual, creamy, velvety touch as an EDP concentration that softens the original dank yet stays true to its mysterious essence. Truly, the magic lies in the heart where a lovely note of orris along with frankincense heighten the smoky earthiness of Java and the fresher Haitian vetiver accents with a powdery, leathery edge that is almost petrol like, creating a distinguished sort of gravity to the accord that allows the benzoin resins, sandalwood and patchouli to pass a sanctimonious edict (very much like the role of musk in the original finish) to the dry, smoky heart with an affirming woody balsamic bouquet that is primal, seductive, dark and creamy. The overall feel is of a nocturnal sexiness that is naturally warm and inviting. L'extreme is an evolution from Encre Noire, respectably retaining its core yet refining the accord with a mystique and fluidity of its own… A work of art that truly deepens the original mystery. Bravo!
30th November, 2020
A much softer well defined version of the original Encre Noire. The DNA is exact with certain aspects adjusted to make this much easier to wear. I don't think it projects near as beastly as the original. I really like it but don't favor either the original or this over the other. A quality juice from the house of Lalique per usual. Enjoy!
10th November, 2020