Lord of Misrule (2015)

Year of Launch2015
AvailabilityIn Production / Limited Edition

HouseLush

About Lord of Misrule

First appeared in 2014 as a Lush Kitchen exclusive. This shares the same fragrance as the Lord of Misrule bath bomb and shower cream.  Last seen as part of the Community Favourites launch.

Lord of Misrule fragrance notes

Reviews of Lord of Misrule

A gorgeous fragrance, perfectly pitting patchouli and vanilla against each other. The black pepper is a treat on the top, adding a wildness to an otherwise simple combination. In the winter, the warmth is very comforting to the nose. In the summer, I find the notes melting into my skin chemistry in a very appealing way- it smells like I've just worn this to a date night that was rather successful.

On my skin, the patchouli is a grounding and sweet earthy note, and the vanilla NOT your typical plastic-y candle concoction. It's a true, enveloping vanilla pod infusion. If you love vanilla, but find others to be synthetic or cloying- smell this perfume. Despite the sensuality of this combination, it's got a darker, restrained quality that doesn't prohibit office and daywear.

Lord of Misrule is incredibly unisex, and incredibly sexy. If I smelled this on anybody, I'd get their number.
02nd January, 2021
This is gorgeous. Both dry (from patchouli and pepper) and sweet (vanilla and caramel). Very gourmand but grown up. Would fit both men and women who want a different vanilla.
10th October, 2018