Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate (2016)
by Hermès

Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate information

Year of Launch2016

HouseHermès
PerfumerChristine Nagel

About Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate

Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate is a shared / unisex perfume by Hermès. The scent was launched in 2016 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christine Nagel

Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate fragrance notes

Reviews of Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate

My review is for the EDC. I have a small bottle that I received new a few months ago as part of a limited edition Hermes collection.

Watery, bright, and a little vegetal. A fresh fragrance.

Rhubarb is an acquired taste in the best of circumstances. My grandmother grew it in fluffy abundance in her backyard and rhubarb pie was a staple at our table when it was in season. Everyone loved it.

Everyone except me.

When I first put this on I recognized the rhubarb immediately. But the longer I have it on the less I can pick out the rhubarb note. Maybe this is something that people go nose-deaf to quickly, or maybe it's just me.

An hour after I put it on, it has faded somewhat, but I don't think it has essentially changed or evolved. What you get when you first put it on is what you'll have an hour later, only with less overt rhubarb and more clean, watery, slightly soapy notes.

I don't like rhubarb but I think a rhubarb lover might really like this. Safe for work unless you work around slugs and snails because they will occasionally try to eat you.
15th March, 2021
Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate is a fragile, watery brew. What started with a fascinating spray of soured, fruity-vegetal rhubarb quickly dissipated. My initial reaction was positive, I was hopeful. It quickly turned into juicy red berries, sharp-dry grapefruit, nondescript florals, and buoyant musk. It’s youthful adolescence and synthetics turn this scent into another hand soap fragrance. I do not dislike it, but I would not buy a whole bottle.

I used 1ml between my skin and shirt. On the skin it had little to no projection or longevity, fading into the ether in less than an hour. My shirt stayed scented with a crisp, one note, synthetic grapefruit blast. It wafted for about four hours.
23rd September, 2020
I like the rhubarb...it smells fresh like I'm walking through a farmers' market. But it goes away so fast and other than that note, this scent is unremarkable on me.
05th July, 2020
RHM Show all reviews
No! Definitely a No.

The Rhubarb note is fun but when you blink, it disappears.
I feel cheated!
I really liked that note. Where did it go?
Maybe it will reappear. So I wear this for the rest of the day.
The raspberries mad a brief appearance.
The dry down was a mishmash of uninspired, vague florals & a generic white must.

My reaction? In a word, gypped
23rd April, 2020
Sour. Bitter. Screeching green. I grew up "on" rhubarb. I played and frolicked near the huge patches / bushes (whatever they're called) we had on the farm. I disliked the smell of them, I hated the taste even more. I don't believe many kids like its taste unless sugar is added, and even then... I've grown up of course. The smell isn't nearly as putrid.

I get a peony accord here which redeems this fragrance. I also smell some citrus. Grapefruit maybe?

The sourness, bitterness eventually mellows. I begin to smell something like sandalwood in the base. This is an interesting almost artsy perfume. It isn't something I would reach for with any frequency. After a time, it actually becomes sweeter.

22nd December, 2018
Oh my goodness, this fragrance right here. When I sprayed this on my wrists I couldn't stop smelling my wrists. It smells so amazing. The rhubarb really puts it together.
29th August, 2018