Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate (2016)
by Hermès

Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate information

Year of Launch2016

HouseHermès
PerfumerChristine Nagel

About Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate

Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate is a shared / unisex perfume by Hermès. The scent was launched in 2016 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christine Nagel

Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate fragrance notes

Reviews of Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate

I like the rhubarb...it smells fresh like I'm walking through a farmers' market. But it goes away so fast and other than that note, this scent is unremarkable on me.
05th July, 2020
RHM Show all reviews
No! Definitely a No.

The Rhubarb note is fun but when you blink, it disappears.
I feel cheated!
I really liked that note. Where did it go?
Maybe it will reappear. So I wear this for the rest of the day.
The raspberries mad a brief appearance.
The dry down was a mishmash of uninspired, vague florals & a generic white must.

My reaction? In a word, gypped
23rd April, 2020
Sour. Bitter. Screeching green. I grew up "on" rhubarb. I played and frolicked near the huge patches / bushes (whatever they're called) we had on the farm. I disliked the smell of them, I hated the taste even more. I don't believe many kids like its taste unless sugar is added, and even then... I've grown up of course. The smell isn't nearly as putrid.

I get a peony accord here which redeems this fragrance. I also smell some citrus. Grapefruit maybe?

The sourness, bitterness eventually mellows. I begin to smell something like sandalwood in the base. This is an interesting almost artsy perfume. It isn't something I would reach for with any frequency. After a time, it actually becomes sweeter.

22nd December, 2018
Oh my goodness, this fragrance right here. When I sprayed this on my wrists I couldn't stop smelling my wrists. It smells so amazing. The rhubarb really puts it together.
29th August, 2018
I'm just going to come out and say it - it smells like it belongs in the Aqua Allegorica line and not what I expect from Hermes at all. I openly admit I'm not a fan of rhubarb, but the scent is light and pleasant, very acute in the beginning and dries down to a barely there reminder.

Most disappointing is the longevity - gone after 30 or so minutes. That being said if your looking for a light fragrance for someone who doesn't want a heavy hitter or desires a barely there perfume, it's a good choice and with rhubarb a bit atypical than the gourmands and explosive other florals out there.
30th June, 2018
I think rhubarb is not used enough in perfumery. It should be used much more. It’s fresh and sweet, fruity and flowery. Green, crisp, but also red.
In this one you don’t only get rhubarb. There’s also a pink pepper opening and some very light creamy vanilla going along for some time. If sillage and longevity were better, it could become a favorite. They are not good.
15th January, 2018