Baccarat Rouge 540 (2014)
by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for Baccarat

Baccarat Rouge 540 information

Year of Launch2014

HouseMaison Francis Kurkdjian
Created ForBaccarat
PerfumerFrancis Kurkdjian

About Baccarat Rouge 540

Originally launched in 2014 for Bacarrat, the fragrance was relaunched in 2016 as part of the main Maison Françis Kurkdjian line.

Baccarat Rouge 540 fragrance notes

Reviews of Baccarat Rouge 540

If you’re like me, and have an adverse reaction to a certain aromachemical that produces a burnt sugary praline note, this is to let you know Baccarat Rouge 540 has it and is rendered to a burnt fruit stew. Quite unpleasant.
I scrubbed it and underneath was left a more pleasant, seductive note. So I understand what many find appealing in this fragrance, but it is unwearable and unpleasant for me because of the power of one off aromachemical.
05th July, 2021 (last edited: 07th July, 2021)
Sweet, long lasting, compliment getter, expensive... Not sure I'll ever be buying a full bottle, but I've enjoyed my sample a lot. Smells great on my wife too.
28th June, 2021
Baccarat Rouge 540 is probably ingenious but is definitely a "not for me" fragrance. A great success combining spicy-metallic, mineral, fruity, medicinal, woody and earthy/boisé elements with a solid virile (ambergris) animalic basic presence (in a balanced mild way). I detect similarities with "damp" scents a la Penhaligon's Juniper Sling (or partially with Rouge Bunny Rouge Tundra) which smells equally woody but finally sweeter and less boisé. I detect by soon peppery spices, earthiness and aromatics (juniper, angelica?) with a main woody/earthy presence linked with something mineral and undiscernible. What I appreciate is the general virility which is anyway overly dissonant (with weird "bloody accents") and audacious for my full pleasure (vaguely a la Zoologist Bat). The opening provides a sort of sugary metallic note as well, quickly linked (in a weird way) with mineral/woody patterns and with ambergris in a sort of fresh/fluidy boisé cedary way (fir and cedar combined with ambergris in a light fluidy way). The effect is sophisticated in its mineral/boisé juxtapositions but is frankly too paradoxical for a worshipper of (at most revisited) classic alchemies as me.
12th March, 2021
This stuff projects like crazy, and even 2 or 3 showers later, I can still smell remnants of this rancid odor. Who can possibly give this fragrance a thumbs up?
28th December, 2020
rbaker Show all reviews
Saffron, Marigold and - a bit less prominent - as well as a jasmine impression join in together to reveal an usual and creative opening potpourri.

The drydown mixed some amber with leather, dried oak wood, with a phenolic undertone (the Evernyl mist likeky) - a but like an artificial mossy impression.
The base continues the wood theme - cedar and for balsam - and mixes it with a highly plasticine ambergris.

I get moderate sillage, very good projection, and ten hours of longevity on my skin.

A bright spring scent, which is egregiously synthetic but with a good performance.

Baccarat makes some of the finest glassware in the world. This scent, alas, although not bad, is of a lower standard. 2.75/5
04th December, 2020 (last edited: 05th December, 2020)
You'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between this and the 2016 release, because your brain is lit up at first sniff.
You'd also be hard pressed to not like this. I was not a fan initially, it was just so in your face. But as I catch facets of it, I sometimes only want to wear this, period.
Only other fragrances that have this effect on me is Aventus and Tuscan Leather. Owning all three means you will be well complimented all the time.
04th November, 2020

Add your review of Baccarat Rouge 540

Shop for Baccarat Rouge 540 products online

Shop for Baccarat Rouge 540 at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Member images of Baccarat Rouge 540

There are no member images of Baccarat Rouge 540 yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]