Ealing Green (2013)

Year of Launch2013

House4160 Tuesdays
PerfumerSarah McCartney

About Ealing Green

I’d long wanted to make a scent for Ealing, my adopted home. I met my husband at Ealing Studios on Ealing Green, at a wedding. Then I was invited to make a midsummer scent for a charity evening, using plants and flowers named in Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream, so I combined the two ideas and created the scent of Ealing Green on a summer evening, but in the early 17th Century.

Ealing Green fragrance notes

Reviews of Ealing Green

Pleasant enough - grass and flowers but not much else going on. Turns into a skin scent on me almost instantly.
20th July, 2020
Beautiful green & persistent fragrance for outdoor time in either spring or mild winter days.

05th January, 2020
It feels like the Green at Ealing has grown a Pictorial Meadow, one of those prairies of flowers that spring up from the side of the road.

Bright and cheerful, spontaneous and crude, this isn't a serious perfume - just a bit of fun. Spray it on the kids before you go to the park.

***
01st April, 2019 (last edited: 30th May, 2019)
Fresh ripped grass, herbs and meadow flowers with a dash of what I think may be *actual* sunshine thrown in. This is the smell of a hillside meadow on a bright May morning, dew drying in a soft breeze.

It's a pretty linear fragrance with decent longevity - musky meadow flowers are still there after 6 hours.
I bought this blind and am so pleased I did - it has just the right amount of whimsy.
16th March, 2017
Simple but effective. Ealing Green is an energic connection of grass and flowers, realistic and evocative, a vegetal bouquet rich of resins, leaves, earth and "lymphatic" elements (with a touch of medicinal and lemon). I've fortunately spent my childhood running free for meadows and sweet hills, a real (nowadays almost surreal) dream "studded" by laborious bees, yellow flowes, white dogs and wise farmers. This juice is a flashback for me and I find it rural and delicate at same time. The floral redolence is extreme and (under my nose) the meadow flowers are stronger than wild rose. This is a powerful aromatic fragrance, intense floral vibe and humid herbs interweave viscerally their redolent whiffs. Short evolution (and almost lack of complexity) but great effectiveness. A great juice for an outdoor spring day surrounded by nature.
P.S: going on with the development a sort of rose/mastic (woodsy resins) accord a la Testa Maura Carticasi gets mastering the aroma with all its mossy/camphoraceous/galbanum-veined/damp presence. In this phase I get a remarkable resemblance between Ealing Green and Carticasi.
24th February, 2016 (last edited: 25th February, 2016)

Add your review of Ealing Green

Shop for Ealing Green products online

Shop for Ealing Green at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Member images of Ealing Green

There are no member images of Ealing Green yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]