Habit Rouge Eau de Parfum (2003)
by Guerlain

Habit Rouge Eau de Parfum information

Year of Launch2003

HouseGuerlain
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Habit Rouge Eau de Parfum

Habit Rouge Eau de Parfum is a masculine fragrance by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2003

Habit Rouge Eau de Parfum fragrance notes

Reviews of Habit Rouge Eau de Parfum

HR Oud

Lemon rose vanilla tinge of synthetic oud. That is the story here. Vs the EDT, this one smells similar, reduce the lemon, add some synthetic oud/ aromachems. It smells more updated to me, less dandy, and a bit more full bodied. Thumbs up. Guerlain has done a really good job with their reforms and updates.
22nd May, 2020
rbaker Show all reviews
The initial blast is very patchouli-laden on me, a smooth and slightly green patchouli that lacks any sharpness or harshness. It has a powdery character and and time is also has touches of candy and of some waxiness to it. After a while I get the leather impression, which starts out as a smooth suede,,m but at times shows some bite in the form of a touch of a slight sharpness and even the occasional hint of gasoline; but this as remains well tamed and integrated into the whole.

Later on a wood note develops, and this is mainly a nonspecific woodsiness. On the other hand I get brief moments of the oud promised here and there. As an oud it is soft again, a bit faint and unimpressive.

The other main component is a pervasive vanilla that is agreeable and merges seamlessly with the whole mix. It is not a very strong vanilla, never intrusive or cloying, and it is not really that sweet - the whole development avoids any outright sweet dominance.

I get moderate sillage, very good projection and nine hours of longevity on my skin.

This pleasant autumn scent and flanker is not bad, but the ingredients are a bit flat and lack depth and intensity. That said, nothing really goes wrong here, but it is a bit on the predictable side. Compared with the original in its vintage version, which I have used a bit over time, this offshoot is really a class below it. Overall 2.75/5.

02nd February, 2020
It's essentially Shalimar Pour Homme, which is no bad thing, but it does lack that Shalimar "sparkle." Powdery and soft.
23rd April, 2019
For me it' s dishwashing liquid and stable stinks. Vintage it was another parfum , good parfum.
13th March, 2019
This is (also) my favorite version of Habit Rouge. I have the Beau Cavalier edition. I don't usually care much about bottles but, once in my hands and with light shining through, this one's clever.

HR with smoothed edges and a dense vanillary. Formal wear. Cool/cold weather.
22nd February, 2019
Take the edt minus the lemon/citrus and then add a bit more depth and the edp is what you are left with. I don't see a great deal of difference between the 2. Maybe the edt is slightly more in your face for the first 10 minutes but they both settle down to the same ballpark. I like them equal.

07th February, 2019