Cèdre & Oranger (2013)

Cèdre & Oranger information

Year of Launch2013

HouseL'Occitane

About Cèdre & Oranger

Cèdre & Oranger is a masculine fragrance by L'Occitane. The scent was launched in 2013

Cèdre & Oranger fragrance notes

Reviews of Cèdre & Oranger

rbaker Show all reviews
Initially the orange dominates; a slightly sweet orange that is fresh a few quite bright, mint no a strongly refreshing blast.

The cedar arrives very soon, a soft smooth and of adequately developed cedar character. It provides a counterbalance to the citrus.

The last one to arrive are the white musks, who transiently are in the foreground, bit later on merge with the cedar, after the orange had evaporated. Transiently a whiff of almond makes an appearance.

I get moderate sillage, good projection, and six hours of longevity on my skin.

I nice summer scent for days that are not too hot; a bit linear and not winning any accolades for originality, but crafted quite well. Just at the border between neutral and positive, but the somewhat generic nature of the ingredients tilts it to the neutral. 2.75/5
29th October, 2020
Well, I asked for Cedre & Oranger to be added to the Basenotes database, so the least I can do it review it...

I am an admirer of l'Occitane's regular fragrance line for men. I'd happily own the lot of them. There has been a lot of discussion about their value for money. For my, ahem, money, that value is particularly good, especially when you compare the prices of other l'Occitane products. If you are prepared to pay the best part of 20GBP for some hand cream, 42GBP for 100ml of EDT with high-quality ingredients is pretty good, right? Or you could wait for one of the many concessions, and get lots of extra products for about 50GBP.

By these standards, even another 10GBP for 75ml, for one of the more premium "Collection de Grasse" EDTs, is not too bad at all to my eyes. So much for the value.

However, despite being initially well-disposed to Cedre & Oranger, I have to say, after living with it for a while, I find it rather disappointing.

To start with, it has just the three notes: orange, cedar, musk. There is no confusion here and all descriptions confirm this. All the notes are present to the nose, as you would expect. It is certainly not an unpleasant fragrance - well, you would have to go some to make those notes unpalatable.

My main gripe is with the performance. Normally my skin encourages great longevity, if not sillage. But I get neither from C&O. Historically, the idea of re-applying a scent on a single day has not even entered my mind. I find myself doing this with C&O regularly. I can understand the production of a light, understated fragrance, but I think this just goes too far in that direction.

And I don't think this was inevitable with the ingredients chosen. I do object to the l'Occitane blurb, which says something like, "the inclusion of orange... provides balance to a fragrance that would otherwise be dominated by the robust cedar". Well, I wish! And what sense does that make anyway? We initially considered making a one-accord cedar fragrance? Surely you add light, citrus top notes to add movement and development. As it happens, I get plenty of musk but little cedar in the dry-down, making this more linear and generally inferior in my eyes (nose) to something like Loewe Solo Cedre.

So, light, pleasant, but compared to favourites by the likes of Guerlain, Bvlgari, and Loewe, this has about 60% of the notes, 50% of the performance, and 5% of the "sex appeal". It would be a good interview scent. If I ever do jury service, I might revisit it. As with so many things you can buy, though, the real value tends to be in the regular line.
06th June, 2016 (last edited: 15th June, 2016)
I found this at Ross (San Antonio) for 24.99. I agree with the first review. It smells good but seems to fade. I too think it be good for work and on the weekend while running errands...
06th June, 2016
This is a good scent, that with a little more umph, would have been a total 5 star. Good sweet Orange and a soft woody cedar note that dominate the scent. Good for the office or weekend day scent. With enough sprays maybe a date scent. Enjoy!
22nd March, 2016

Add your review of Cèdre & Oranger

Shop for Cèdre & Oranger products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Cèdre & Oranger

There are no member images of Cèdre & Oranger yet. Why not be the first?