Ukiyo-E (2016)

Year of Launch2016

HouseGri Gri
PerfumerAnaïs Biguine

About Ukiyo-E

Ukiyo-E is a shared / unisex perfume by Gri Gri. The scent was launched in 2016 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Anaïs Biguine

Ukiyo-E fragrance notes

Reviews of Ukiyo-E

There is one review of Ukiyo-E.
alexmate Show all reviews
This is a good fragrance, but it's not what I expected. I was hoping for an uplifting summer green tea, this one is really melancholy. Imagine drinking bitter green tea on a pagoda while buildings are being demolished around you.

Starts with a really strong naturally bitter green tea leaf, almost pine needles. Has slightly pissy Yuzu notes and a cooked stagnant rice which is almost like unsweetened popcorn.

I've noticed heather is in the base. I thought it was violet. It is a dominant note and runs through it taking the bitterness off slightly by adding a purple flower note.

I would class this as unisex leaning towards the feminine side. The sillage is quite big due to Iso-e, but it's not a shouty scent. It's experimental and weird, but we need perfumers to take risks or we just end up with opponox office fragrances.
17th October, 2020

Add your review of Ukiyo-E

Shop for Ukiyo-E products online

Search on ebay

Member images of Ukiyo-E

There are no member images of Ukiyo-E yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]