Cologne Intense (2015)

Year of Launch2015

HouseHoubigant
Parent CompanyLoft Fashion and Beauty Diffusion

About Cologne Intense

Cologne Intense is a masculine fragrance by Houbigant. The scent was launched in 2015

Reviews of Cologne Intense

Oh dear. Houbigant enjoy placing our emotions on a roller coaster ride of highs and lows. I looooove the opening. A warm cologne smell thus perfectly living up to the name cologne intense. Easily FBW. However I had learnt my lesson from Fougere Royal and did not start looking on-line for deals. Instead I waited , unfortunately not for very long. Seems to be the Houbigant trade mark of becoming a skin scent after 30 minutes.Useless.
28th January, 2021
Opens with a blast of petitgrain and lemon. Shortly after I get a beautiful bitter aromatic/earthy stage (probably the tarragon and mate), giving a strong impression of spices (caraway/cumin). The citruses, greenery and florals will tone down in the base, letting the mate dance with incense, labdanum and oakmoss (the pyramid is not complete here). Moderate projection and longevity.

A stunning classic chypre-sque spicy/aromatic citrus fragrance (or more accurately: a citrus-y chypre, imho), on the same shelf with L'Eau d'Hermes, Armani Eau pour Homme and Lancetti Monsieur. I am not sure where people are getting some fecal, urinal or BO facets,(nor any similarity with Fougere Royale - it is totally different)... The name 'Cologne' might be misleading - the only point I might concede to the negative reviews - as It is clearly not a summery light citrus EDC, and is probably more suited for Fall than Summer, given the spicy undertones.

While the full retail price is definitely steep for that one, it can be found for 3-4X cheaper online, and it's a no brainer at these prices if you like that style of fragrances.
Mature? Not really... I'd say, for grown-ups, independently of age. Basically: lovers of Layton and Eros might want to pass and stick to the newborn department, independently of age :)

Masterful craftmanship in my book, and again a hit by Luca Maffei.
Fall days, 30+
26th January, 2021 (last edited: 01st February, 2021)
At first spray I get a big citrus burst which smells very clean. It is green, earthy, citrus and floral. Very masculine.
Perfect wear for a nice pair of jeans with a white crisp shirt.
20th September, 2018
A most interesting fougere that delivers.

The citrus (lemon, neroli) and herbal notes (lavender, tarragon) are beautifully balanced with the jasmine heart and the earthy frankincense base, for once not over-emphasized.

In the world of fougeres, this is a "new" take on the genre, all too rare these days, and quite welcome.

A very dry scent, full of nuances and interest, and all so well balanced that nothing screeches at you. All is in harmony.

I am impressed. I may just invest in a bottle. Quiet and unassuming, assuredly masculine and wears close to the skin, invitiing others to get closer.
10th August, 2017
Off the previous reviews I would say the first 15 to 30 minutes of this scent is a CHALLENGE. I wouldn't say it smells of BO or vomit... more fecal IMO. After the 30 minutes is up... Jack Hunter's description is dead on. It's herbal, citrus and floral. This is not for the faint of heart in the least. It is a dense green herbal with hints of citrus and floral's, with my experience. This for sure is a TRY BEFORE YOU BUY! I will say one hour in and it's not bad just don't think it is my cup of tea.
03rd February, 2017 (last edited: 21st June, 2017)
Unfortunately I must agree with cpp214 that it smells strongly of vomit on my skin. What a pity. I love Fougere Royale.

19th January, 2017

Add your review of Cologne Intense

Shop for Cologne Intense products online

Shop for Cologne Intense at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Houbigant Cologne Intense - 10 ML Decant

US • Buy it now: USD 12.50.

Member images of Cologne Intense

There are no member images of Cologne Intense yet. Why not be the first?