Dunhill Icon Absolute (2015)
by Dunhill

Dunhill Icon Absolute information

Year of Launch2015
AvailabilityIn Production / Limited Edition

HouseDunhill
Parent CompanyInter Parfums

About Dunhill Icon Absolute

Dunhill Icon Absolute is a masculine fragrance by Dunhill. The scent was launched in 2015

Dunhill Icon Absolute fragrance notes

Reviews of Dunhill Icon Absolute

Not at all feeling this one. Glad I didn't buy a full bottle. The opening is slightly reminiscent of the original, but it quickly takes a turn into synthetic, spicy, woodsy territory. Where Iso E is smoother, this is a harsh screechy, peppery, and abrasive woodsy note that I just can't stand. It's common in many modern men's releases, and some what of a fake oud note. It dominates for the majority of the life of the scent.

I'd place this as last in the series, behind Racing, which is also pretty bad. I haven't really spent enough time with Elite yet, but that's my next task. I think Racing is good for the price, as it's a "blue" scent, mass appealing, and will absolutely garner compliments, but it's extremely tiring and played out.
15th September, 2020
The opening reminded me of Tom Ford Oud Wood. Pleasant, a little sweet and smoky. Into the drydown and it becomes a dry, airy cedar with some green notes. At that point, it reminds me of Scent of Peace for him. The Bond scent is more annoying and loud, so this one is slightly turned down or even rounded off. A plus in my book.

Performance is pretty good with decent projection and longevity that allows you to smell it 10+ hours later.
22nd August, 2020
Pros:
A really nice looking metallic faux gold-plated bottle.
Can be purchased for under $50 USD.

Cons:
Oud is synthetic and not the greatest - by a long shot.
Longevity is between 3 and 4 hours sprayed on my skin.
It immediately turns into a skin scent.

I feel that Dunhill could have done a LOT better with Icon Absolute, considering that both Icon and Icon Racing have a lot better longevity and sillage. I won't mention Icon Elite.

Instead of naming this fragrance Icon Absolute, they should have named it Icon Sport, because most fragrances with the word "Sport" in their name have horrible longevity as well. It would have fit right in.

On the bright side, Icon Absolute can be worn anywhere without a problem because you will be the only one who will be able to smell it.

Scent: 5/10
Longevity: 2/10
Sillage: 1/10

Final score: 2.7/10 = Negative
30th January, 2018
Wonderful and not the current "go to" fragrance, but if this came from Byredo or By Kilian- you'd pay a lot more. There's a lot to like, my negative take on this is longevity. Don't buy it retail, get it from one of the online outlets for next to nothing. Safe in the office and good on cooler nights or in the fall.
11th March, 2017
Very nicely crafted oud scent!

Dunhill Icon Absolute has a nice spicy “roundness” to it that hints at the original Dunhill Icon’s presence. Long-lasting, pleasant, evokes dreamy eye-closing and reflection, calming.

A can't-go-wrong oud scent.
09th March, 2017
This should have been called oud absolute.
Beautiful medicinal oud wrapped in icy camphorous flair in the after sniff. Such a beauty this is, especially for all the oud lovers.
If you find Oud Palao too much like I do you will love this as an alternative.
This is true to the original Icon's jus by the way...a true flanker. Now I have to buy Icon Elite.

Highly recommended as a standard oud. Just lovely.
19th August, 2016