Sultan Vetiver (2014)

Sultan Vetiver information

Year of Launch2014

HouseNishane

About Sultan Vetiver

Sultan Vetiver is a shared / unisex perfume by Nishane. The scent was launched in 2014

Sultan Vetiver fragrance notes

Reviews of Sultan Vetiver

Aromachem Guerlain Frankenstein

Vetiver bright, opening like Guerlain. It has a pretty big soapy aspect to the opening jumping up from the neroli, and it smells clean. There is a amber in the back giving it an updated feel. There is also some very background sweetness that is of the green variety, almost in a kind of blue-green color. It smells quite good, and is pleasing to the nose. Most people will be fine with this fragrance, as long as vetiver is not a solid no for them. In its heart the neroli fades, and the woody ambers creep forward, like a boogieman coming up to ruin a good smelling fragrance. In the base, it is just abnoxiously woodyamber chemical overload. The amount they used is just enough to get it to blend in in the top notes, but that same amount, when you get to the base ends up smelling cheap to me. This final dry down reminds me of K by dolce and gabbana. Its that same aromachem. Its grating, it lasts forever, and the public will probably think it smells good. At this price range I expect better than this kind of aromachem base, unblended with other things to make it of interest. Thumbs neutral, almost down. Saved because it is pretty good in the opening, and it can be found discounted.
05th September, 2020
Rooty vetiver bomb with good amounts of absinthe or anise and a bit of bergamot freshness in the top, it feels like a vetiver lover's dream with high quality vetivers of all kinds in large concentrations, it reminds me a great deal of Guerlain vetiver but on steroids and darker, I'd imagine it would layer perfectly with the guerlain and you could then create a vetiver combo of any potency because Sultan vetiver is beastly. There is a leather note in the dry down that gives Sultan a shoe polish vibe mixed with the roots of vetiver to create a British garden feel, creosoting fences ..fixing the lawnmower and uprooting greenery, a serious vetiver fragrance.
05th June, 2020
It is what it is if you like vetiver. Has the medicinal smell like Hermes. For me I don't want to have that Vicks Vaporub/ medicine cabinet scent. Like most Nishane products it delivers a high quality product for the vetiver fan just not for me.
13th November, 2019
MGW Show all reviews
Incredible scent that lasts 16+ hours outdoors and smell like heaven. Marvellous. Very strong, very different and very exotic (for a Brit!). I have tried over 200+ vetiver scents (see my wardrobe), this is by far my fave.
05th July, 2018
A frozen jangling mess of tarragon and maybe caraway, sweet powder and pink pepper that all but drowns out the liverish vetiver and cardboard in the base. It's like some kind of nauseating oversweet sinus spray.

03rd May, 2018
Nishane Sultan Vetiver walks the line effectively between fresh and dirty, usually one of the hallmark characteristics of an agreeable, year-round vetiver that I find wearable, as, as dominant note, vetiver is usually a pretty tough sell for me (I own Roja Vetiver as it's pretty fresh but that's about it).

Bergamot and neroli keep Sultan Vetiver linked to warmer weather wearing, while the tonka and woods make it lean colder weather. That several types of vetiver are involved might explain why so many characteristics of vetiver are exposed. It's earthy but not overwhelmingly so, for example. It also has a dry sort of sweetness due to the tonka, and slightly sour finish due to the leather.

Overall, a strong vetiver entry, but one that doesn't scream out to me for a price tag of $175, but one I would certainly wear, or consider buying at a lower price point. Vetiver fans ought to try this out, though, as it seems like it would be a hit with most that I know. Performance is good, not great on projection but solid on longevity.

7 out of 10
20th January, 2017

Add your review of Sultan Vetiver

Shop for Sultan Vetiver products online

Search on ebay

Nishane Fragrances - Travel Size

US • Buy it now: USD 10.47.

Nishane - Sultan Vetiver **5ml Spray**

US • Buy it now: USD 24.95.

Nishane Sultan Vetiver Extrait de Parfum

US • Buy it now: USD 13.00.

Member images of Sultan Vetiver

There are no member images of Sultan Vetiver yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]