Faunus (2013)

Year of Launch2013

HouseLa Curie
PerfumerLesli Wood Peterson

About Faunus

Wild tangled mystery in the shadows of an ancient grove.  Inspired by a forest god.

Reviews of Faunus

This is spectacular. I smelled Faunus blind, without any context, and it immediately took me to relaxed walks through the forest with pine trees looming overhead and soft earth beneath my feet.

I've long sought a coniferous fragrance that felt like it actually evoked that experience. Many have hinted at the experience but few have caught it so perfectly as Faunus.

What's lovely is that this fragrance is immaculately polished, too, retaining the forest impression while remaining eminently wearable. I envision myself wearing this regularly.
18th January, 2021
It's difficult not to like La Curie Faunus. An agreeable mix of cedar, oud, bergamot, and what must be just a pinch of hay, it's a nice year-round semi-masculine blend that reminds me significantly of Banana Republic Black Walnut, but a better performer.

I barely get any hay, so mostly this is cedar and bergamot with hints of oud, and it does very much remind me of the tobacco/citrus pairing of Black Walnut. Faunus is similarly easy to wear, a slightly masculine fragrance that can be donned year-round in a variety of situations. Very nice and easy, but probably not one I need to add to my collection.

I'm certainly not as moved by this as Incendo overall but quite like it and would wear it plenty if I owned it, but feel I have something similar already in Black Walnut.

7 out of 10