Midnight Leaf Tea (2016)

PerfumerSerge Majoullier
SupplierMane
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Midnight Leaf Tea

Part of the 'Rare Teas' collection.

Midnight Leaf Tea fragrance notes

Reviews of Midnight Leaf Tea

rbaker Show all reviews
From the beginning the tea is evident, Pu-erh tea but much weaker in aroma than usual, diluted a bit, with the vanilla soon added in. The vanilla plays ball initially, but soon is tends to overwhelm the tea.

Later on a discreet labdanum arises, and blends in well, but the tea is struggling increasingly to keep on making itself heard. Later on a nonspecific woodsiness arises, and the Guiac character the scent pyramid promises is just barely present on me.

I get moderate sillage, good projection and six hours of longevity on my skin.

This scent for warmer autumn day is pleasant and in concept not without an original touch, but mostly the vanilla tends to dominate a bit too much. A gentle and restrained tea note like in this creation work best when the other ingredients stay a bit in the background - Gucci’s Pour Homme II from the Tom Ford days is a famous example - but here that fine balance is not preserved well after the initial phase. Still, an agreeable experience nonetheless. 2.75/5
03rd October, 2020
Smoked vanilla, woods, and sticky resin. I do not get much in the way of tea, as with so many tea fragrances the note just doesn't pull through on my person. I do like this for a cooler weather, warmth providing, comforting scent. It's rounded and sweet, but too sugary. It's tinged with a bit of cream, calming the charred wood and deep resinous notes. I do not see myself purchasing a full bottle as it does bend synthetic, and the tea note would have to be more prevalent.

29th September, 2020
I haven't had the pleasure of tasting Pu-er tea, which is a fermented dark tea from the Yunnan province of China. Pu-er is said to have an earthy, rich and clean flavor, reminiscent of fresh earth.

So Jo Malone's Midnight Leaf Tea, a part of the "Rare Teas Collection", is meant to recreate that which I am not personally aware of. All I can go off of is the scent itself on its own.

Fragrance notes: vanilla, labdanum, guaiac wood

Labdanum resin, from "rock rose", has an ambery, leathery quality that is evident in MLT. A touch of homey-like vanilla sweetens it up a bit, and tarlike guaiac wood puts in its phenolic touch (a suprisingly accurate element, in light of the fermentation process involved with pu-er tea).

The end result is a spicy-sweet sensation that I would strongly infer recreates this exotic, labor-intensive dark Chinese tea. Actually, I am now thirsty for my first cup of pu-er. :-)
12th October, 2018
This is okay, but it's not black tea in comparison to things like CB I Hate Perfume Russian Caravan Tea or Masque Milano's Russian Tea. This Jo Malone fragrance reminds me of Micallef: it's like a generic Micallef. It's not bad, but it's not great, and it's definitely not black tea. If anything, it is a twist on vanilla with gaiac.
08th June, 2016

Add your review of Midnight Leaf Tea

Shop for Midnight Leaf Tea products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Midnight Leaf Tea

There are no member images of Midnight Leaf Tea yet. Why not be the first?