Oolong Tea (2016)

PerfumerSerge Majoullier
SupplierMane
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Oolong Tea

Part of the 'Rare Teas' collection.

Oolong Tea fragrance notes

Reviews of Oolong Tea

rbaker Show all reviews
A light note of tea and minimally bitter hot cocoa develops slowly at the beginning. The tea is actually more in the background, is spite of the name of this product; it is a weak milky and rather nondescript tea.

Fairly soon after the start a vanilla develops, mixed with some tonka. Faintly herbal undertone appears transiently. A very restrained smooth and slightly sweet pipe tobacco is added at a later stage.

I get moderate sillage, good projection, and six hours of longevity on my skin.

Not bad as a scent for warmer autumn days, but the notes have an unfortunate tendency towards being a bit anaemic and lacking vibrancy. Furthermore, I cannot get any convincing Oolong in here. Where is my Bulgari Black?
2.5/5.
12th September, 2020
I must agree with my fellow reviewer, drussell41, that I also felt that "Oolong Tea" by Jo Malone doesn't do justice to that exotic, smoked black tea note.

I have enjoyed oolong as a note in Bulgari's Black unisex scent, and I have enjoyed Twining's Oolong Tea cups. Personally, I KNOW what it is I am looking for, but - alas - I don't find it here.:-/

A nice scent, but don't call it Oolong Tea.
09th October, 2018
They have adulterated the tea scent with too many other notes. It's not that it isn't a pleasant fragrance; it's that the oolong tea note is lost. I have drank many cups of oolong teas, including many that were very floral, and this fragrance is much more blended perfume than tea. Notes: cocoa, tonka, hay and tobacco. In fact, it reminds me more of Volutes than any tea I've ever had.

07th June, 2016

Add your review of Oolong Tea

Shop for Oolong Tea products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Oolong Tea

There are no member images of Oolong Tea yet. Why not be the first?