Silver Needle Tea (2016)

PerfumerSerge Majoullier
SupplierMane
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Silver Needle Tea

Part of the 'Rare Teas' collection.

Silver Needle Tea fragrance notes

Reviews of Silver Needle Tea

Best Idea Ever hit me during a decant haul to add on a discontinued fragrance that I was sure I would really like. Legend has it I walked home 5 km in 4-inch heels after midnight in Tokyo because I missed the last train running. There was also that time I convinced myself with zero experience I could ride a horse bareback at 2 am (the horse knew better tossing me on my duff). So in my overall history of lawful neutral teetotaler there are some streaks of hold my cosmo, please. Hence precedence for Best Idea Ever in buying a discontinued fragrance that would zing my little heart.

Our tale need not end in sadness or grand delusion hunting a white whale. Enter Rasasi Sharina Mukhallat Dhan Al Oudh, a concentrated perfume oil that is stronger, widely available, and in production as far as the eye can see. For those that don’t want to chase down discontinued Jo Malone Silver Needle Tea paying unreasonable prices for a brand that is a target of sophisticated counterfeits, consider trying Rasasi Sharina. Bear in mind a mukhallat will require the wearer’s adjustment in application and expectations. To that end I would recommend a video by Nikhil of Exotic Scents that demonstrates the application of attar and mukhallat to maintain product hygiene and generate sillage.

Sharina is not a one-to-one replacement for a spray perfume nor is it a dupe but you may find it satisfies the abstract halo of scent reminiscent of the excellent discontinued Silver Needle Tea.
14th October, 2020 (last edited: 15th October, 2020)
A slightly higher than skinscent formulation that smells classy and well-made!

Silver Needle Tea has the following fragrance notes:
Top notes: bergamot, saffron;
Heart notes: mimosa, rose;
Base notes: musk and herbal notes.

I have not had the privilege of enjoying silver needle tea as a beverage, so my review is strictly from what I got from testing this fragrance.

SNT has a definite musky-citrus-fresh-floral quality overall. Very crisp and green, kissed off in initial spray-on by subtle bergamot and becoming a flower and musk type scent. I keep getting the vibe of this being a tea-type scent, even without reference in the culinary experience of it. THAT lets me know how skillfully this fragrance truly is.

Light, decent longevity, wearable by either gender esp. during casual warmer weather occasions.
12th October, 2018
Smelling Silver Needle Tea, I was shocked at its similarity to really top-of-the-line osmanthus essential oil. I'm actually quite impressed that a company like Jo Malone would use such an expensive ingredient in their exclusive collection.

So what does it smell like? Well, not the osmanthus I think of from perfume. This isn't a peachy white floral. Instead, it really does smell like fine tea. Unsurprisingly, I love fancy French perfumed teas, and Silver Needle Tea is the closest thing I've encountered in a perfume to opening a tin of classic perfumed tea, with its complex combination of tea leaves, dried flowers, and fruits. There are hints of bergamot and maybe a touch of sage, but the star is that complex osmanthus tea smell.

It's linear, and rather expensive, but gorgeous. If you're a tea fanatic, this may be grail material.
11th August, 2017
ge: 56 & Over

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Other

Eyes: Brown

This is a light fragrance based on white "silver needle" tea. I've had this tea from Adagio, and it does smell like thea tea. The bergamot is just barely hinted at the very beginning, develops a little more and then recedes as the rose appears and a tea aspect returns to ground the fragrance.

This is not a scent for sillage. This is for the dog-days of summer, when you are not in an air-conditioned building. I could see this being stored in the fridge and used liberally for cooling down while enjoying the great fragrance.

This line costs $340 for 175 ml. Granted, that's a lot of fragrance for $340, but it isn't often we pleebs can come up with that kind of money. So yes, I'd buy it......it I felt like I could spare that kind of money right then. Otherwise, no.
04th June, 2016

Add your review of Silver Needle Tea

Shop for Silver Needle Tea products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Silver Needle Tea

There are no member images of Silver Needle Tea yet. Why not be the first?