Mon Paris (2016)

PerfumerHarry Fremont
SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute

About Mon Paris

Mon Paris is a feminine perfume by Yves Saint Laurent. The scent was launched in 2016 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Harry Fremont, Olivier Cresp and Dora Baghriche-Arnaud

Mon Paris fragrance notes

Reviews of Mon Paris

This one doesn't work for me at all. The red fruits get all syrupy and screechy on me right at the opening,and just when that starts to settle down the white musk and ambroxan kick in, and not in a good way. I've tried to like it a few times, like the original YSL Paris very much.
01st March, 2020
I must admit that this scent isn't what I expected but I still like what was presented. A completely linear scent on me from start to finish, it smells like a cold can of pineapple juice freshly opened. It's too sweet and syrupy to be freshly squeezed, this has some artificial sweeteners in the mix, but it doesn't make it any less pleasant. For some reason I'm getting a cold sensation, I don't know what causes that but it will probably mean this will be a summer/spring time reach for me.

When I saw all the berry notes I did anticipate a predominate fruitiness which is what I have been craving at the moment but this smells like a different fruit that I am not disappointed in as I actually really love pineapple, both in food and fragrance form. I don't get any patchouli but that's not a bad thing for me either.

Sillage and longevity are good for YSL standards I find a lot of their fragrances to have underwhelming performance but this one stands out as being a more powerful fragrance in their lineup. I can see a lot people who enjoy some of their more unique and old school fragrances would probably be less than impressed by this new offering but I like this scent for what it is. I may pick up a small bottle when the weather warms up or if I can find a cheap designer dupe, may be inclined to purchase that instead and stick it in my fridge.

Now that I remember, this reminds me a lot of DKNY My NY. It also has raspberry/patchouli as a listed note, but the patchouli is more detectable on dry down with that fragrance for it is not as linear, and it also does not have the cooling sensation that this one has on my skin that is making it more intriguing. I have My NY but could still justify purchasing this one too for that reason alone.

16th February, 2019
The eau de parfum is such a gorgeous, fresh fruit fragrance. A non-cloying gourmand, that could easily have turned in a kid fragrance if the florals weren’t present as well. Good for a sunny spring day. I feel the datura, and I would add cucumber and unripe peach to the notes.
03rd November, 2018
I cannot believe that there are ANY negative reviews of this beautiful gem. It smells so sweet and angelic without being cloying at all. The sweet smell is not just the top notes either. The delicate sweetness lasts throughout. Not to mention, it lasts on my skin for most of the day with just one spray on each wrist. Monster longevity and sillage. It does not get any better than this! I love fruity and also peony. this is UNREAL
04th September, 2018
Nauesatingly sweet with overwhelming white floral scent. I think it may have been the datura note that actually made me feel ill. Scrubber.
13th July, 2018
To think everything from this house used to floor me. Mon Paris is all peony and cheap musk. The packaging claims it boasts an 'exceptional patchouli,' but apparently this patchouli was so exceptional that it was offered a position in another composition and has left the bottle. While not a terrible scent, Mon Paris is dreadfully boring at best and slander upon its namesake at worst.
08th December, 2017

Add your review of Mon Paris

Shop for Mon Paris products online

Shop for Mon Paris at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Mon Paris

There are no member images of Mon Paris yet. Why not be the first?