Baptême du Feu (2016)

HouseSerge Lutens
PerfumerChristopher Sheldrake
Parent CompanyShiseido

About Baptême du Feu

Baptême du Feu is a shared / unisex perfume by Serge Lutens. The scent was launched in 2016 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christopher Sheldrake

Reviews of Baptême du Feu

At first it is a bit difficult but as it evolves it becomes more and more cosy. Much more complex fragrance than the notes listed, so try it before purchasing. Personally I find it very interesting and unusual; an oriental who pretends to be gourmand with good longevity and the sillage is average . Spicy and sweet. For my nose the main notes are tangerine, gingerbread and floral note.
31st December, 2020 (last edited: 02nd January, 2021)
Magnificent! Smells like cold, dark red fruit. It's unisex, but I think it leans feminine.

It is one of the more unique scents I've smelled in my years. No questions about it, you should at least sample it.
14th November, 2020
Probably my favourite Lutens so far. His scents seem to turn on me a bit, and this one doesn't. A beautiful, rich, fiery, spicy, yet deep, dark and seductive perfume. I'm getting lots of cinnamon - or is it that gunpowder impression that appears cinnamon-y to me? Maybe there are some dried fruits under that to give it some slight sweetness, too - but overall fragrance is not sweet. It does feel like fire - a bit. And the name - Baptism by Fire - is both so beautiful and so fitting here. I couldn't wear this all the time, but I can definitely see myself growing to love it a lot.
14th October, 2019
Cirque rouge by Marc Chagall 1956-1960

fish
19th February, 2019
I am slightly fascinated by this scent. It's unusual. To my nose, this opens with autumnal dried fruit that immediately calls to mind Lutens's Arabie. It settles to something in the same family but rather different. To test, I sprayed Arabie on my other arm -- it's sweeter and more "potpourri"-ish.

Except for mandarine, I am unfamiliar with the notes in this perfume. It's maybe because of this that the individual notes are indistinguishable to my nose. But after reading about them here, I think I'm primarily getting the gingerbread -- but the way it's done is quite unusual. Maybe it's the "gunpowder" (whatever chemical compounds that actually is) that gives this its unique character?

Worth a sniff, at least.
22nd May, 2018
I have no idea what this is about when I smell it. It's smoky, powdery, sweet, spicy, woody, floral. It's everything at once, with a predominant clove. A gorgeous pot pourri. I love it. Longevity is good but sillage is average.
28th April, 2017 (last edited: 28th January, 2020)

Add your review of Baptême du Feu

Shop for Baptême du Feu products online

Shop for Baptême du Feu at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Member images of Baptême du Feu

There are no member images of Baptême du Feu yet. Why not be the first?