Tindrer (2016)

Year of Launch2016

HouseBaruti
PerfumerSpyros Drosopoulos

About Tindrer

Tindrer is a perfume inspired by a song with the same name.  Meaning "sparkle" in Danish, the perfume is a play of contrasts. A happy/sad perfume, modern and nostalgic at the same time.

Reviews of Tindrer

This opens with a cold blast of green, quite a floral green. It gives the sensation of pulling open a large freezer door, icy air hitting your nostrils as you reach for a verbena and violet ice lolly. I think it must be the buchu that gives it this cold, frosty, alpine characteristic; the cool bracing tickle of mint without being minty in odour.

There is also an unusual, slightly sweet, lactonic, grassy note that muzzles the violet and keeps the composition from becoming too blousy. It works well. Later, I detect a little sweet cumin but, like most Barutiís, the whole composition is fairly linear. There arenít any stages to speak of. Iím not even sure thereís a base. This doesn't stop it from being interesting, ethereal even; like vapours rising from the hood of your car on a scorching Summer's day, you can almost see this fragrance. It has an extra dimension that I'm not even sure how to describe.

Barutiís output is unusual without being aloof. I canít say Iíve ever encountered a bracing green floral like this before but the synthy pitch does remind me a little of Indigoís floral notes.

Go easy on application as itís pretty loud. I can still smell it on the back of my hand, albeit faintly, 14hrs later (one spray.)
22nd January, 2017
BLUF: Spyros does a green one in his signature style, an amazing green one. Earthy, vegetal, green/damp (almost watery), and eventually woody. Touches of sweet violet. Heliotrope is not prominent (thank g*d). Review could be considered biased: the reviewer f***ing loves this house.

I haven't seen anyone talk about this fragrance since it came out in May (I think it was May...), not on Basenotes anyway. I personally think it is his second best work, next to Berlin im Winter. Although perhaps they cannot be directly compared, being in very different genres. It certainly is my second favorite Baruti. Created as "a happy/sad" perfume, Tindrer is pure joy for this guy.

To me, this clearly seems to share a commonality with Melkmeisje. Almost like a remix, the way Berlin im Winter (aka Indigo RMX) is a remix of Indigo. It has that same sharp, natural snap in the opening, but instead of it feeling bright pastel yellow in Melkmeisje, in Tindrer it is a deep sparkling green. They both strike me as sort of paradoxical, in that they simultaneously seem futuristically synthetic and natural smelling. Like all from the house, this Extrait de Parfum lasts forever on my skin, and any clothing it touches.

It certainly seems like the most "wearable" fragrance from the house. As much as I love the ones I do, I'm not surprised when people are uneasy about wearing them; they are not common fare. Everything seem to be in balance here, even the dose of white musk in the base. Like other Baruti releases this smells like nothing else I've tried from other houses (except for the new Dama Koupa, not yet in directory at time of review, which reminds me of Dior Homme Parfum).

Tindrer is probably the most unique green fragrance I've tried to date, and one of my favorites. Those include Eau de Campagne (classical), Palais Jamais (unique and dusty/smoky), and now Tindrer (unique and futuristic). Oddly enough I own none of them, but come spring, I will have this.

Bravo Spyros. I love what you do and I hope you keep doing it for years to come.
08th December, 2016

Add your review of Tindrer

Shop for Tindrer products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Tindrer

There are no member images of Tindrer yet. Why not be the first?