This is Him! (2016)

PerfumerAurélien Guichard
SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyGroupe Clarins > Beaute Prestige International

About This is Him!

This is Him! is a masculine fragrance by Zadig & Voltaire. The scent was launched in 2016 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Aurélien Guichard and Nathalie Lorson

This is Him! fragrance notes

Reviews of This is Him!

This is a very nice dark boozy fragrance to my nose with similarities to Meharees and to a lesser extent Musc Ravegeur. It has a smokey/dusty vibe along with vanilla (which is the main player to my nose). Longevity is in the 6 to 7 hour range with limited projection after a couple of hours. Overall, for the price, I would say it is a Winner! Enjoy!
12th January, 2021
The thick sweetness from the vanilla is great and the dark, brooding incense gives it some interesting qualities. More unisex than masculine to me. Feels like a cool weather scent. The incense isn’t smokey, it just provides some maturity and darkness.

All-day longevity with decent projection throughout.
19th June, 2020
Sexy woodsy vanillic incense.

This smells fantastic. It's a pretty simple scent overall, as evinced by the note breakdown. The opening is a blast of pencil shavingsy/raw woodsy ISO E-Super coupled with black pepper and quickly settles into the main act: smoky incense mingled with woods, pepper, and creamy vanilla. It does feel synthetic, but not overly. There's little to no evolution, save for the vanilla growing more prominent as the fragrance dries down. But that's fine by me, because it smells wonderful. This is as a slick, sexy, night on the town in an all-black outfit kind of scent, as has been enumerated by numerous reviewers already.

My main problem with this is that the performance is much softer than I'd like. At least, I think it's soft - I could very well be anosmic to the ISO E-Super. But unfortunately I think this is another case of my-skin-eats-everything. I get around 3-4 hours of longevity, and it's almost an instant skin scent. I love the smell, so whenever I wear it I keep my bottle around to replenish periodically, but I can't help but wish that it would just last longer. I have a 20ml bottle, but the juice is so weak (and my love of the scent itself so strong) that I've depleted almost 3/4s of it in 2 months of ownership. If it only lasted a little longer this would easily be one of my signature scents. C'est la vie. I won't be upgrading to a larger bottle when the 20ml is gone, but I am interested in checking out Just Rock!, as I've heard that it performs better and is similar to This Is Him!, for a similar price on the discounters.

Overall, this is really nice, sexy, and fairly unique (for a designer) fragrance for fall and winter evenings. If it performs on your skin, then this could very well be a great option for you. Unfortunately, it doesn't quite tick my box.

25th March, 2020
A kind of biomechanical fragrance--think Lalique Encre Noire--that blurs the lines between natural and chemical aromas. The result is an admittedly fascinating and fun rock-and-roll fragrance, a kind of dirty, earthy vanilla with a slight chemical spill component.
01st August, 2019
A surprisingly good and inexpensive designer. Smoky and creamy vanilla, which I suppose reminds one of Sandalwood. The incense keeps this one from being cloying, though it's probably not suited to hot and humid weather. Would that many younger men were wearing stuff as good as this rather than the usual dreck foisted upon them.
04th August, 2018
Gourmand,i don't like !!!!
03rd August, 2018

Add your review of This is Him!

Shop for This is Him! products online

Shop for This is Him! at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Member images of This is Him!