Poppy Soma (2016)

HouseParfums Quartana
PerfumerEmilie Coppermann
Parent CompanySix Scents Parfums

About Poppy Soma

Poppy Soma is a feminine perfume by Parfums Quartana. The scent was launched in 2016 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Emilie Coppermann

Reviews of Poppy Soma

There is one review of Poppy Soma.
Retrying Poppy Soma from Parfums Quartana is a treat. Like Midnight Datura, it's one of the entries in the Les Potions Fatales line that actually feels quite floral dominant, whereas most are more blended though named after central floral ingredients.

Poppy is a provocative ingredient for me, reminding me of heroin, opium, and poppy seed bagels all the same, but when combined, in this perfume, with other white florals that seem common to the Quartana line (jasmine, tuberose, rose) and others (gardenia, styrax) and rounded out with some musk and mixed pepper. It's overall quite seductive, creamy, sweet, and above all, floral.

The pepper does not seem to weigh heavily on my nose, the blend never seeming particularly spicy, but the musk comes out significantly in the dry down, in my estimation, as the scent shifts from sweet and sharp to mostly sweet.

It's a stronger performer than most of the line, as well, bold and dense for several hours before finally starting to thin out. Priced at $185 for 50ml, Poppy Soma is on the higher end of the line’s pricing.

I would enjoy smelling this more on a woman than on myself, as that's simply how it feels on my skin, a bit unnatural for me, ever so slightly too floral, but it certain is quite the composition and lives up to its having won the 2017 Fragrance Foundation (Fifi) Award for Perfume Extraordinaire of the Year. Certainly a worthy try from the line.

7 out of 10
12th November, 2018

Add your review of Poppy Soma

Shop for Poppy Soma products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Poppy Soma

There are no member images of Poppy Soma yet. Why not be the first?