Grand Soir (2016)

HouseMaison Francis Kurkdjian
PerfumerFrancis Kurkdjian

About Grand Soir

The company say:

Dress in your finest attire and polish your look. Wander in a never-ending night and enjoy the daring radiance of a magnificent Parisian evening, over and over again. Bridges and monuments shine like a thousand stars, standing majestic in a twilit sky carried away by the soft vanilla warmth of benzoin from Siam and a tonka bean from Brazil that has been jostled by the deep darkness of cistus labdanum from Spain.

Grand Soir fragrance notes

Reviews of Grand Soir

This is a qualified thumbs-up from me. I love this scent, which is good because once it’s on, it’s there to stay and announce to everyone, “Here I am!” I see lots of people posting that it’s not heavy and to that I say, “Hah!” And “hah!” again. One spray and it surrounds me like a cloud all day; a glorious orangey-ambery cloud, but a cloud nonetheless. Since I’m usually a 4-5 spray kinda girl, it took me a while to work out this is “half-spray will do you all day.” But once you work out your correct sprayage, it’s gorgeous.
18th February, 2021
Picked this up with my last niche decant order. I ALMOST blind bought it due to the hype on YT. For me at first sniff it just smells like thick and buttery, and it stays that way. It does not smell bad but it is just too thick in the opening and the mid for me but after a few hours I enjoy it much more. I'm gonna use the money from this to probably get Jubilation XXV. I appreciate the scent but I guess I have not graduated to heavy ambers yet.
16th December, 2020
rbaker Show all reviews
The labdanum and the benzoin form the core pieces at the beginning. Rich, opulent, with a slightly soft leathery touch at times.

The drydown adds a nice tonka impression, that adds a touch of nuance and some sweetness, but itnis never heavy or cloying on me; rich, yes; never too intrusive though. An underlying dark amber adds further depth.

I get strong sillage, excellent projection, and a stupendous longevity of over fourteen hours on my skin.

A voluptious scent for autumn evenings, pour le soir indeed. It is a bit linear, but provides just enough development and texture to avoid tedium. The performance is outstanding. Not grand, but tres bien pour une soirée. 3/5.
08th December, 2020
Phew!
This is not unisex by any stretch of the imagination.
Very sugary sweet powdery vanilla, tonca, amber, labdanum. Smells ok actually but this should be re labelled for ladies to prevent people like me wasting money on samples.

Fragrance: 5/10 for men, 7/10 for ladies.
Projection: 7/10
Longevity: 7/10
16th November, 2020
This is one of the best examples of simple done right. Yes it’s linear, however when the scent is as good as this I don’t mind. Rich, intoxicating and elegant but go easy on the trigger as this will suffocate if you overspray.
A true gem in my opinion.
25th May, 2020 (last edited: 26th June, 2020)
I've smelled this combination before, many, many times. It's really nothing new for me. Full on amber accord / oriental accords. Boozy vanilla. Spiced resins. Tonka delight. Honeyed. Full-bottle worthy, if I didn't already own perfumes of this ilk.

This one will drown you, if you overspray. Ultra long-lasting. Lots more vanilla, later on. A high-quality study, in amber-laden type scents. Smiles, all around.
01st March, 2020

Add your review of Grand Soir

Member images of Grand Soir

There are no member images of Grand Soir yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]