Grand Soir (2016)

HouseMaison Francis Kurkdjian
PerfumerFrancis Kurkdjian

About Grand Soir

The company say:

Dress in your finest attire and polish your look. Wander in a never-ending night and enjoy the daring radiance of a magnificent Parisian evening, over and over again. Bridges and monuments shine like a thousand stars, standing majestic in a twilit sky carried away by the soft vanilla warmth of benzoin from Siam and a tonka bean from Brazil that has been jostled by the deep darkness of cistus labdanum from Spain.

Grand Soir fragrance notes

Reviews of Grand Soir

This is one of the best examples of simple done right. Yes it’s linear, however when the scent is as good as this I don’t mind. Rich, intoxicating and elegant but go easy on the trigger as this will suffocate if you overspray.
A true gem in my opinion.
25th May, 2020 (last edited: 26th June, 2020)
I've smelled this combination before, many, many times. It's really nothing new for me. Full on amber accord / oriental accords. Boozy vanilla. Spiced resins. Tonka delight. Honeyed. Full-bottle worthy, if I didn't already own perfumes of this ilk.

This one will drown you, if you overspray. Ultra long-lasting. Lots more vanilla, later on. A high-quality study, in amber-laden type scents. Smiles, all around.
01st March, 2020
Almost a neutral, as this leans feminine. Powdery as well.

However, this is quality juice and has a pleasant ambery ambiance. But the powder and feminine side detract from what could be a Grand Slam. Instead, a ground rule double.

Scent: 6/10
Longevity: 8/10
Silage: 9/10
25th December, 2019
After sampling Gentle Fluidity (Gold), I was worried that my other MFK samples would also be extremely cloying. Thankfully, Grand Soir is not. It's a simple, no-fuss amber. And depending on where I sprayed I actually thought it could stand to be sweeter.

When I sprayed on my wrists, it stayed fairly muted, with a bit of smokeyness that I can only assume must come from the labdanum? However, when sprayed on my chest, it develops this natural pleasant sweetness. Not sure what causes it to develop differently, but I would happily forgo spraying my wrists to double up on my chest.

That said, it's still not really something I love, and with the price tag of MFK fragrances, I doubt I'd ever buy a bottle. Worth a sample though.
06th September, 2019
Pure, crystalline, creamy, warm lusciousness. Smells like the most luxurious vanilla pudding you could ever make, with a dusting of spice. Not much to say about this fragrance since it is fairly linear and simple, but it is absolutely lovely, charming, easy to wear, longlasting, and garners compliments galore. The perfect fragrance to wear on a cool autumn evening in Paris.
23rd June, 2019
This is a projection monster. Fills up a house immediately with 1 spray, even if applied at very close range. The opening is actually to be avoided because of how strong it is. For me personally also because it's super classical at first. Reminds me a lot of a classic Lalique.

It has a predominant incense like note. I think it's the labdanum. Amber is the second most prevalent note. You would never expect vanilla to be able to still pop up but it does. Maybe it's added in the benzoin and it's because of that. As a whole, my initial thoughts were that the scent would just be out of place everywhere.

I should have paid more attention to the label though: Grand Soir. Indeed that's where it would fit in and could shine: A theatre, a packed classy restaurant or a classical concert. As the fragrance developed it grew on me.

Apply wisely.

12th June, 2019

Add your review of Grand Soir

Shop for Grand Soir products online

Shop for Grand Soir at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Grand Soir

There are no member images of Grand Soir yet. Why not be the first?