Prada L'Homme (2016)

HousePrada
PerfumerDaniela Andrier
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Prestige Beauty Brands

About Prada L'Homme

Prada L'Homme is a masculine fragrance by Prada. The scent was launched in 2016 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Daniela Andrier

Prada L'Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Prada L'Homme

Blind bought this after listening to a considerable amount of video reviews and noticing that something ridiculous along the lines of 20% of male users on Fragrantica have this frag on top of their avatar.

Well, I think the reviewer who said it smells like the lobby of a 5 star hotel coined it quite accurately...and beautifully.

This is a powdery, quite floral scent that smells like what you'd want to spray on a nice suit fresh off the dry cleaners.

It's a linear scent, with the first 5 minutes or so not being my favourite, but the whole thing drying down quite smoothly and very nicely. I may be used to other fragrances that I don't want to overspray, because I thought the projection was relatively weak. For the record, I only used one spray, so I'll need to see how two or three (yikes!) perform. That may also improve the longevity, I assume. One spray will not get you far in terms of projection and longevity, perhaps I need to be a little less gunshy on the atomizer. I've been wearing Carlisle and Percival as of late, and one spray of either is really sufficient (both are eau de parfum).

Anyway, I'd describe Prada L'homme as an clean, highly pleasant, elegant scent that is definitely inoffensive, and which, as mentioned by so many before me, feels like it would be most perfectly worn in an office environment.

I am happy about this addition to my collection, as I usually work in an office, although the current circumstances led to telework for the last few months.

This does not crack my top 5 and it is not signature fragrance worthy as far as I am concerned, but I really like it and have a feeling that, going forward, I will cultivate some serious love toward this, especially when things go back to normal and I return to the office. A friend of mine who collects fragrances also told me that this is the one he gets the most compliments for from the ladies. I have no trouble to imagine that this is a compliment getter. Quite eager to find out!
11th May, 2021
Very complex smell, defiently not a blind buy fragrance.

For me i found it very nice in the beginning, and i was sure im defiently buying this, loved the opening and had big hopes for the drydown.

The problem was after 15min or so, it just got more and more "gasoline" smell, kinda like fahrenheit, but mutch stronger here...feelt nauseous after awhile, not sure what note gets that smell, but for me i cant stand it, i get the same feeling from fahrenheit, come to think of it, i think i did throw up first time as a teen stealing my fathers fahrenheit and spraying it on (heavily thou...)

I know fahrenheit is loved out there, so if you like that you probably will like this one also, its defiently in my nose more complex and better, fahrenheit beeing more "clean" smell.

But i will say, besides that note that im not sure what is(the gasoline note for lack of more professional expression) it did have a very complex and interessting smell, to bad i cant stand that one note, if you know what one, you can gladely PM me so i know what to not bother testing in future, because me and ...dont get along..
29th April, 2021
rbaker Show all reviews
It is the iris that greets me me first. Pleasant, bright, and a touch powdery. The brightness is reenforced by a neroli that is a bit bland, whereas an accompanying geranium develops better on me.

Towards the and a soft and ambery patchouli makes an appearance, given some added depth by some cardamom.

I het moderate sillage, good projection, and eight hours of longevity on my skin.

This spring scent is bright, but, apart from the somewhat charming iris the components are a bit too generic to entice; but even the iris lacks the vividness that cahracterised the iris in, for instance, the earlier emanations of Dior Homme. Overall 2.75/5
09th January, 2021
I’m with the previous reviewer here. I can see why some would call it clean, But to me, it is sweet, powdery, ultra modern, boring, then clean. Not a versatile scent at all as it would only fill that void that is between casual and formal. And even then not for anyone over the age of 22.

If this were any other fragrance that didn’t get this much hype then maybe a neutral review but this isn’t worthy of the hype it garners. For a fun, clean, and terrific Prada men’s scent see Luna Rossa.
15th May, 2020
Just not my 'type' of clean scent.
19th February, 2020
Prada L'Homme (2016) is a nice, conservative, iris-based soapy masculine perfect for office, formal events, and evenings spent in strange, polite company where being well put-together is the desired look. In short, this is propriety in a bottle. Prada L'Homme is a separation of sorts based on accords that perfumer Daniela Andrier first put to use in Infusion d'Homme (2008), itself the male counterpart to the original Infusion d'Iris (2007). It seems Andrier loves playing around with iris, and has done it multiple times over the decade or so since Infusion d'Iris hit shelves. Infusion d'Homme was discontinued, and vivisected into two fragrances, with the cedar and aromatic components making their home in Infusion d'Iris Cèdre (2015), while the soapier elements that fans of the original Infusion d'Homme enjoyed making their way into Prada L'Homme. Fans of the balancing in the original can fight over remaining bottles of that one, but people not particularly in love with the specificity of a single formula and okay with retooling/revisionist perfumery may do pretty well just wearing this instead once their bottle of Infusion d'Homme runs out, as they're fairly close in personality. Something like this does not strike me as particularly youthful because unlike Prada Amber Pour Homme (2006). Prada L'Homme doesn't go out of its way to be sweet or extroverted, so mature wearers looking for something more "with the times" may appreciate what's being offered here, although like with Infusion d'Homme, this may also appeal to younger people looking for something inoffensive without being apologetic.

The opening of Prada L'Homme is deceptively complex. containing cardamom, carrot seed, black pepper, and neroli. These notes add some initial dry kick before the iris really starts to play around and establish itself as the focal accord of the perfume. Geranium and violet flank the iris and the neroli top helps keep everything soapy clean, while the spice deepens and makes the primary note more acceptably masculine, or at inasmuchas Dior Homme (2005) can be considered masculine with it's own iris presentation. Indeed, many may compare this to both the original Dior Homme and Dior Homme Eau (2014) since prior to Prada or Tom Ford playing around with prominent iris notes in masculine fragrances, Dior was out there trying to make the comparable men's equivalent to Guerlain Shalimar (1925) with the Homme range, even if I think that the old Guerlain feminines can be worn plenty fine by guys. Prada states there is some mate here in the composition, but I don't really pick it up, and after the nice white floral iris heart starts to calm down, all I get from Prada L'Homme is a dry woody powdery base of amber, cedar, white musk, and a touch of patchouli. Rather than reach for a "lipstick" accord like Dior, Prada goes more for the "face powder" type of iris, if that makes sense. If there are any synthetic filler materials like Iso E Super, norlimbanol, and the like, they are so smoothly blended in that I don't pick them up for their usual shortcomings symptomatic of over-usage. Wear time is a work day, and sillage is tight like an eau de parfum, but people will catch whiffs of the iris soapiness all day as they come and go around you. I'd say this works almost year-round because iris is pretty hardy in both hot and cold weather, but something about Prada L'Homme doesn't sit well in the extremes of temperature, so this is probably not a good choice for being outside in extended bouts.

If I had to name a shortcoming of Prada L'Homme is it isn't particularly interesting, but something like a soapy iris perfume is never really going to be because the style has been done to death both for men and women probably for the better part of a century. Armani seemed to try taking "the long road" to something like Prada L'Homme in the past, without the use of iris, smashing tons of fruits, spices, and chemical tones until stuff like Emporio Armani He (1998) and Armani Code/Black Code (2004) was the result, but Prada seems content not to reinvent the wheel and comes out better for it. Not that I'm saying using iris and neroli are the only ways to achieve a clean powdery accord, but they are the simplest and truest way to go about it, so there's no risk of having the scent break down over time or show a strange unwanted aspect of a more complex blend. Sometimes less is more when you want something that smells nice and to-the-point, especially when amongst company where first impressions could be a make or break situation, like an office where dealing with clients you've never met before is part of the daily grind. For this reason, Prads L'Homme just feels perfectly keyed to purpose of being a low-key pleasantry that doesn't requite in-depth analysis or tolerance of ornery animalics and grating aromachemicals that quickly get you dubbed "the cologne guy". Perhaps not a total replacement for the venerated Infusion d'Homme because it is a reduction of sorts, Prada L'Homme nonetheless is another tasteful example of Prada at their best. Thumbs up
21st October, 2019