No. 5 L'Eau (2016)

HouseChanel
PerfumerOlivier Polge
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About No. 5 L'Eau

No. 5 L'Eau is a feminine perfume by Chanel. The scent was launched in 2016 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivier Polge

No. 5 L'Eau fragrance notes

Reviews of No. 5 L'Eau

I truly adore this scent! Just got a full bottle 2 weeks ago and I've already used one third of it...
Absolutely perfect combo of fresh floral, sweet powder, and soft citrus. Unisex in style, but I would say a bit femme for most men-- as a 50 y.o. male dandy, however, it's right up my alley! Superb!
17th April, 2020
Citrus-infused aldehydes. The aldehydes seem less toxic than original No. 5. This is fresh and it sparkles. The rose and jasmine bounce around, as ylang ylang adds a little bit of "earthy" bits and fresh-rain sweetness, I'd guess I'd state...
Ylang becomes more pronounced for me, as it settles.

The base is rather gentle. Whiffs of cotton and light vetiver appear. It's a lovely flanker of the original! It's suitable for a work environment, as it is a bit more delicate...
Light cedar later, which mixes with cotton and then, the cedar remains awhile.
12th August, 2019
This has the most flawless blend of aldehydes and citrus notes that I've ever encountered. Both are present, but precisely in perfect harmony.

Aside from that, the heart is recognizably No. 5, yet more fresh, more delicate. The drydown veers from the original, and its kin Eau Premiere, with a lack of vanilla. It's more of a musky, dusty smell.

Anyway, packaging is flawless, perfume itself is flawless, nothing not to love.
25th June, 2019
Quintessence of eau.
Ylangdehyde absolute.
'Flection's rare 'Fraction.
12th August, 2017
For me, the citrus top notes barely last two seconds before being overwhelmed by the aldehydes; the type of aldehydes that to me make the fragrance smell "turned". There's also an overly synthetic, plasticky feel here for the first half-hour. After this, the aldehydes dissipate leaving a creamy, floral accord, which lasts a good long while. The florals are hard to pick out, but on sniffing closely I do detect a pale, silvery iris, & a lovely, fresh rose. There's a lot of clean white musk in the heart, & in the far drydown the citrus resurfaces along with a biscuit-like note, giving a faint impression of lemon cookies. The whole lasts around eight hours before fading.
I can see how this one might be regarded as inoffensive, perhaps even elegant, & for the most part I agree. But the quality of the aldehydes here are a deal-breaker for me. I found much more to enjoy in Eau Premiere, & that, not this, is the one I'd consider buying.
15th May, 2017
I'm rather new to the idea of layering different colognes and perfumes and this was my first successful go at it. I told the young lady in the shop where I purchased this that I really love unique fragrances and am not afraid to wear so-called 'feminine' fragrances. She told me to test this one out, and bless her heart, said "it has something in it that they use to embalm people - what is it called?" And I said "You mean formaldehyde!?" She said "Yes! That's it." So I HAD to try it. I got hit with a HUGE opening blast of aldehydes (she was Western European and her grasp of English was obviously not good, she thought it was 'formaldehyde') which, on my skin, has that unmistakable smell of Paper Whites - those tiny white flowers your Grandmother would let bloom in her house in the spring that smell repugnant if you stick your nose in them. That lasted about 5 minutes and I thought, "Maybe I sprayed too much on - let's ride this out and see where it goes." Ten minutes later that wonderful rose started coming out, with the vetiver right around the corner and I was HOOKED. Full bottle purchase. The first time I wore this out in public, however, a friend said "Did you just hug an old woman??" Again, the Paper White thing, I suppose. So I had an idea right then and there to layer this and I have done that ever since. I spray L'Occitane "Vetyver" ( pretty much a one-note but very quality Vetiver fragrance) and then this Chanel No. 5 l'Eau on top. It takes the aldehydes down a notch, and makes the vetiver last much longer. A personal triumph.
03rd January, 2017

Add your review of No. 5 L'Eau

Shop for No. 5 L'Eau products online

Search on eBay

Member images of No. 5 L'Eau

There are no member images of No. 5 L'Eau yet. Why not be the first?