Vert d'Encens (2016)

HouseTom Ford
Creative DirectorTom Ford
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Vert d'Encens

Vert d'Encens is a shared / unisex perfume by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2016

Reviews of Vert d'Encens

What an utterly bizarre smell. Mostly, I smell that tarragon note that's often used to simulate fig, but there's also fresh-mowed grass and an lilies and maybe vetiver. But then there's also this huge salty flour note that smells like play-doh, and the whole thing has a weird milky quality.

It's like someone tried to mix together a bunch of green notes that shouldn't work together, and then they didn't really work together, so they added a truckload of salt and just said "screw it" and put it out.

Don't get me wrong - I like weird scents, and would much rather smell something odd than something commonplace, but the way the tarragon smells meaty while some sort of aloe smells sappy and that play-doh... This is a mess.
03rd September, 2020
The accord of pine with a creamy heliotrope is unusual and I'm never quite sure it's for me. But I enjoy it when I wear it so I guess it is.
Something about it conjures flashbulb childhood memories of climbing in cypress. That's the "vert" I guess. The incense I don't get and can't say it's missed.
A nice oddity.
25th March, 2020
Sugary sweet, resin straight away. An almost cherry pipe tobacco accord for a few moments. Then a strong heliotrope, deeply floral smell. It begins to move into a powdery feel. Dry. Fir balsam follows and that, seems oddly powdery as well.

The sugary spell continues for awhile. It lightens up a bit, as incense lurks in the background. Fir weaves in and out, along with some other woody note.

Fir balsam slowly begins to increase through the sugary cloud as the base evolves. Heliotrope begins to finally fade slowly into the background... I think Encens Sucre would have been a better name, as this is very much "sweet" to my nose and on my skin. I rather enjoy it though. I'll give it four stars.
18th May, 2019
Not a fan of earthy scents, but I like this one. Woody and slightly spicy, this one is my favorite in that mini line TF has. Very natural smelling. More of a cool weather fragrance IMO. 8/10
07th November, 2018
Another neutral rated EdP from the "Les Extraits Vert" which didn't repulse me outright, but just didn't connect.

This one is a woody-aromatic-spicy outing from Tom Ford, full of experimental notes like heliotrope, boxwood (Casearia praecox tree), and incense proper.

It opens with a spicy-citrus salvo that swirls in the green and floral arena a bit, and then mellows out into something more subdued, powdery and vanilla-like.

I'd describe Vert d'Encens as a very outside-the-box fragrance, painting a radical picture of a "green" scent along unconventional lines. Wood resin dominates; coniferous notes of pine and fir are quite subtle; and then there's the odd touch of heliotrope with its banana-like presence.

It came off as too alienating for my tastes. Incense is not as noticeable as I was expecting, a partial letdown.

Not my favorite in the "Les Extraits Vert" collection, though it is a decent, basic scent (not one I'd ever pay full bottle price for).
30th September, 2018
i get the smell of incense trying to fight it's way through an overgrowth of rotting vegetation...i get the pine/fir/sap but it smells like a dank moldy forest where the trees have gone bad...does start to find it's way and slowly turns into something more palatable...reminds me a little of Amouage Opus VII...turns to a nicer smelling wood type of scent , but still feels overpowering in a strange sort of way...I happen to like heliotrope a lot...it's what makes Jaipur Homme a very much liked fragrance for me...so , when it makes it's appearance here it adds a little more interest and enjoyment for me...not a bad fragrance , but not a very good one either...not even decant worthy to me on this one...
12th August, 2018

Add your review of Vert d'Encens

Shop for Vert d'Encens products online

Shop for Vert d'Encens at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Vert d'Encens

There are no member images of Vert d'Encens yet. Why not be the first?