Portraits : The Tragedy of Lord George (2016)
by Penhaligon's

Portraits : The Tragedy of Lord George information

Year of Launch2016

HousePenhaligon's
PerfumerAlberto Morillas
SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group

About Portraits : The Tragedy of Lord George

Lord George is a wealthy and respected man, the archetypal patriarch. He seems to embody the noblest values of the aristocracy: virtue, respect, loyalty and faithfulness.

His fragrance reflects his essence; seemingly traditional, yet with hidden secrets.

"The flesh is weak."

Portraits : The Tragedy of Lord George fragrance notes

Reviews of Portraits : The Tragedy of Lord George

Itís very spicy - I donít get the described notes, and itís beautiful !
19th March, 2020
Promising opening of brandy and I get a lot of soft leather, however it doesn't last and it's Barbasol shaving cream, and lots of it. Base is decent with amber and Tonka and slight wooden note. Smells better on skin than on paper. It has redeeming qualities but not for this price point.
02nd January, 2020
I'm surprised how much I enjoy this one. I've never been too into most barbershop scents. I think it might have to do with older ones being loaded with oakmoss. But I quite enjoy this one, particularly the opening. It has a kind of creamy sweetness to it, which might be the tonka, and it's certainly not cloying. I don't get too much of the brandy, but that's fine.

As it starts to dry down it gets a bit less creamy and a bit more soapy, and unfortunately that drydown happens sooner than I'd like. I don't get great longevity, and not a ton of projection either. That said, this was good enough to get me looking at barbershop frags again, so it's got something going for it. If I could find something with that same creamy sweetness that performed a bit better I'd be after a bottle!
06th November, 2019
Lord George is spicy, salty, barbershop soapy and a little boozy all at the same time. The end effect is a sharp, almost metallic soap scent with some dirtiness for contrast.

Feels more mature than playful and is probably versatile enough for all climates.

Projection is adequate without being overpowering and longevity is about 6-7 hours.
29th April, 2019
With this one I get tonka bean and lots of it. I couldíve sworn I detected the herbal signature of lavender in here as well but maybe thatís the shaving soap? Iíve never used any so Iím not familiar with the associations to that and what scent it even has. I do unmistakably smell lavender in this undeniable fougere accord. I also smelled a cooking spice when I first applied it, cinnamon or nutmeg, like holiday baking... but that has gone away. Maybe it was the brandy? Does brandy have a spicy cinnamon smell? Again I wouldnít know.

I love this fragrance regardless and donít care that itís marketed to men Iíll wear it alongside all my other delicious lavender + tonka combos. This one smells so well done, like Tom Fordís F. Fabulous without the leather and green notes.

Sillage and longevity are a-maz-ing. I am almost overpowered by myself with just a little dab to the wrist (singular wrist) but itís divine so Iíll live with myself for the next several hours; this stuff is pretty tenacious. Longevity is 3 hours so far and still going just as strong, but I have a feeling this one is gonna last all day.
09th March, 2019
rbaker Show all reviews
The opening is boozy with a brandy impression that is quite brief and sharp, XO at best and pretty basic.

The drydown develops a babershop shaving soap impression that is quite traditional and neutral on me.

The base adds an ambroxan note that emanates a bearable ambery flavour, whilst the base adds a vanilla note that is pleasant, not overly sweet and never cloying.

I get moderate sillage, good projection and six hours of longevity on my skin.

Suitable for autumn days, this creation is not without an original touch. Itís main drawback is the overly synthetic character of the ingredients that tends to dominate. 2.75/5.
30th December, 2018

Add your review of Portraits : The Tragedy of Lord George

Shop for Portraits : The Tragedy of Lord George products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Portraits : The Tragedy of Lord George

There are no member images of Portraits : The Tragedy of Lord George yet. Why not be the first?