Vert des Bois (2016)

HouseTom Ford
Creative DirectorTom Ford
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Vert des Bois

Vert des Bois is a shared / unisex perfume by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2016

Vert des Bois fragrance notes

Reviews of Vert des Bois

Fresh clean green cologne-like. Fairly linear. Very nice indeed. I was going to buy a bottle until I took my jacket off and up wafted Roja Dove Parfum Danger Homme. The 500 euro version. Totally outclassed the VdB and to seal its fate it's not particularly long lasting either.
Shame. Close one. Very nice.
11th October, 2020
Smells like an old man's stale cologne - a musty patchouli and not much else. Didn't get any anise or plum or jasmine i.e. the notes that promised this would be interesting. A bit of a disappointment.
27th February, 2020
Vert Des Bois is a green scent and woody tones and slight sweetness to my nose. I really enjoy this juice from start to finish. I get florals, anise, olive leaf, plum and tonka. It is very green at the start for sure. I get around 8 hours of longevity on my skin with 3 hours of projection. I believe this could be an every day office scent or for a dinner date. I would try before you buy due to pricing... Other wise, Enjoy!
11th December, 2019
This is a wonderful perfume, deep-green, resinous, with touch of florals, and ever so slightly sweet-smoky in the dry-down. Full of retro charm, but decidedly contemporary, unisex but perhaps leaning slightly masculine, and adequately tenacious on skin with a lovely sillage. One of my (newer) favourites to wear on cool autumn days, and one of the best 'green' perfumes around.

21st October, 2019
My favorite of the four EdP's in the "Les Extraits Vert" collection from Tom Ford.

Vert des Bois is an oriental-woody-green scent that feels the most wearable to me as a man. The exotic notes of poplar tree buds, olive leaf, pine-like Yemen gum (mastic resin), fruity plum touch, and strong woods in the base make for a solid, credible green scent I'd pay full bottle price for!
01st October, 2018
I know my nose for this sort of stuff is still developing, but by now I've sampled about a dozen of the Tom Ford PBs, and every single one of them smells like something you're not totally sure you'd want to smell like... except it's the highest quality, most aesthetically pleasing version of that weird thing.

Neroli Portofino? Sunscreen. Mandarino di Amalfi? Fruit Loops. Tobacco Oud? Smoking Cuban cigars with a muskrat.

Likewise, Vert des Bois is a rustic hippie getting spruced up for a big job interview, and... oh wait, he's using the rest stop sink as a bath... aaand now he's using hand soap for body wash... someone keep him away from the urinal cakes!

I mean, he actually smells pretty good from afar, but I'm probably not going to hire him to work in my office.
11th July, 2017