Number One Intense (2010)
by Nicolaï

Number One Intense information

Year of Launch2010

HouseNicolaï

About Number One Intense

Number One Intense is a feminine perfume by Nicolaï. The scent was launched in 2010

Number One Intense fragrance notes

Reviews of Number One Intense

I went to a recently opened perfumery in my city to pick up something I’d had my eye on for a long time. As I was the only person in the shop, there was time for a leisurely chat with the salesperson and a sniffing spree of some of the goods on offer. Towards the end, as I was about to take my purchase and leave, I asked her if she had a personal favourite and she went straight for Number One Intense and sprayed it onto a smelling strip. Bringing it up to my nose, the first impression was of a creamy, buttery narcissus ringed with green freshness, classy but also embraced by a carnal warmth.
I got me a sample to take home – and upon revisiting Number One, I realize this is a pretty traditional white floral, with actually tuberose in the leading role and the usual other white flowers (jasmine and orange blossom) broadening the field. But there are several points of pure perfection in this composition: that opening narcissus impression that is both of the field and the salon; the complete lack of stridency, just a luminous radiance; the inclusion of a dab of the softest, sweetest rose; smooth and milky sandalwood that cozies up to the floral notes like a trusted friend; the gentle grassy notes at the opening that ease the wearer into the more serious terrain occupied by the white flowers; and, above all, balance. I can see how this could be a ‘signature’ fragrance for many – it gets so many things right. Traditional yes, but at the apex.
18th September, 2020
A big, unapologetic mix of tuberose, jasmine, and orange blossom. There's a tiny hint of aldehydes on top and the focus shifts to carnation and rose in the drydown.

In terms of how it ranks among its brethren, it's not as literal and naturistic as L'Artisan's La Chasse aux Papillons, but not as sweet and garish as Giorgio Beverly Hills. To paraphrase Claire V's review of the original version of Number One, the floral elements seem to cancel out each other's charming quirks, leaving something quite pretty, but without the edge or drama required to make something truly amazing. That being said, I like this and I'm giving it a thumbs up.
27th January, 2020

Add your review of Number One Intense

Shop for Number One Intense products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Number One Intense

There are no member images of Number One Intense yet. Why not be the first?