Kiss Me Intense (2014)

Kiss Me Intense information

Year of Launch2014

HouseNicolaï

About Kiss Me Intense

Kiss Me Intense is a feminine perfume by Nicolaï. The scent was launched in 2014

Kiss Me Intense fragrance notes

Reviews of Kiss Me Intense

The name of this perfume had me dreading the often kitschy sentimentality that the French succumb to in their notions of romance. Fortunately, things don’t quite come to that pass, but the kisses contained herein are definitely of the ‘Oos a priddy liddle angel?’ variety, rather than volcanic palate-scrapers. This is the cuddly fleece version of amour, expressed as an abstract floral-gourmand that alights on a variety of hazy, pale mauve tones – soft vanilla and heliotrope, almond and milky musk in a Pastilles de Flavigny rendering, the shadow of some citrus in the far distance, almost a memory. It’s to its creator’s credit that Kiss me Intense holds its own in this essentially foggy mode, providing the expected comfort but also enough that is not quite as expected to hold the wearer’s interest.
10th June, 2021
I loved Patricia de Nicolai's Kiss Me Tender the moment I first sampled it years ago, but sadly wasn't able to purchase a bottle before it was discontinued. Thankfully, I detect little difference between that fragrance and it's re-issue, Kiss Me Intense.

I can completely understand why this fragrance might send some others running the other way. If you do not like sweet bubble-gum gourmands, stay clear of this one.

To me, Kiss Me Intense is one of the best heliotrope fragrances available today, and one of the best gourmands. The scent is said to be inspired by candy and has a marshmallow, marzipane-like feel, however the clove and cinnamon keep it from becoming too sweet and cloying. The heliotrope is lovely and avoids the baby-diapers smell that I've encountered in some other heliotrope fragrances.

It works well as a comfort scent, and is definitely better suited to colder weather. If I didn’t live in a city that gets some of the coldest winters on the planet, I don’t know if this fragrance would hold the same appeal. I can't imagine wearing it on warm days. It is also strong stuff, and a little goes a long way. I have the 30ml bottle and I expect it will last me the rest of my life.
30th November, 2019 (last edited: 26th January, 2021)
On first sniff: Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! Could be a real winner! Excited to try!

Second sniff: top notes of cheap bubblegum… less excited to try now.

1st wear: Applied on moisturised arms. Top notes are bold, exotic fruit (maybe the heliotrope) that borders on fruity bubblegum but very transient, disappear in a couple minutes. Very soft sillage, I had to spray 3x per arm to get any scent to linger, but then it stayed strong on my skin for at least three hours until I scrubbed it off. My boyfriend said it smelled "weird... like fake cherry". Sometimes I get whiffs of soft, powdery, romantic sweet floral, but mostly I just get very synthetic vibes––the almond and vanilla unfortunately combine to give me cherry chapstick. Maybe this is what all heliotrope fragrances smell like? If you want something niche and complex then you might like this, but if you want something that smells naturally beautiful then it's an easy pass. Verdict: 3 stars.

2nd wear: Applied on bare skin this time. Top notes are gorgeous orchidaceous vanilla-y sweet floral, I’m getting none of that “cherry chapstick” right now. It’s still ever-so-slightly plasticky / synthetic smelling, but nowhere near as bad as last time. I’m guessing the moisturiser I used last time interacted badly with it. Still probably not FBW, but I wouldn’t rule out getting another sample of this in future. Would be a beautiful springtime / daytime scent for a warm day in the tropics. Verdict: 4 stars
23rd September, 2017

Add your review of Kiss Me Intense

Shop for Kiss Me Intense products online

Search on ebay

Parfums de Nicolai Kiss Me Intense EDP

US • Buy it now: USD 195.00.

Nicolai Kiss Me Intense M 100ml Edp Boxed

CA • Buy it now: USD 230.19.

Member images of Kiss Me Intense