BR17: Oud Mosaic (2017)

HouseBanana Republic
PerfumerClaude Dir
Parent CompanyInter Parfums

About BR17: Oud Mosaic

In 2017, we find ourselves as citizens of the world. With an international spirit and East-meets-West palette, BR17: Oud Mosaic is a harmonious blend of internationally-beloved aromas. This fragrance marries the fruity notes from America and Western Europe with the smoky warmth of Middle Eastern spice markets and the delicate, fresh floral scents of Asia, creating a colorful and innovative sensory experience.

BR17: Oud Mosaic fragrance notes

Reviews of BR17: Oud Mosaic

Canít get enough of this one. Itís not an everyday scent, but when you wear it you luxuriate in it.

Rose, pepper, tobacco, ash, and probably a bunch of other things I canít pick up. Itís lush and dramatic and intense and beautiful.

100% endorse.
12th May, 2021
In short: redolent of many famous leathers, with the austere accord of oud/leather in tandem with floral-fruity components. Not much lacking in quality and composition given the price. Well worth looking to. Notes: oud, leather, rose, plum, musk, labdanum (to my nose). Great value, if you can still get it.
22nd March, 2021 (last edited: 13th May, 2021)
Better than I had any right to expect given the exceptionally low price.

For the first 90 minutes of so, this is a fairly generic sweet rose our that is raised just above mediocrity by the interesting addition of a realistic plum note.

But then comes the dry down and a surprisingly dry and animallic oud/musk. This kid and musk is accented by saffron and a slight amber which work with well with the residual rose-tinged sweetness from the opening. This element of the fragrance is just great. I cannot imagine that there is real our in this juice, but the accord in the base is good enough that I find myself wondering if just perhaps there is some trade of the genuine stuff in the mix.

In any event, these well blended base notes linger for another 6-8 hours on me and continue to project well for much of the duration of the scent.

Consistent with the exceptional value for money theme of this juice, the presentation is also quite well done and the atomizer on my larger bottle is very good.

Overall rating: good (3.75/5). 17 Oud Mosaic is a highly recommended product at the low prices at which it is generally available as of this writing. Well worth a try (don't judge it until the dry down has reached the base).
12th February, 2021
Many on the Fragrantica site liken Oud Mosaic to Dior Oud Ispahan. I cannot argue with that, as I am not familiar with the Dior. What I get with Oud Mosaic is Egoiste with an oud accent ó Egoiste Oud, if there was such a thing.
03rd January, 2021
For me, this was a pleasant surprise.

Starts off very similar to TF Ombre Leather. About an hour in, it starts to morph into a slightly barnyard oud but with plenty of sweetness still there to remain pleasant. It remains firmly in the Ombre Leather comparison throughout, so I would consider this a good alternative if the Tom Ford is not attainable.

Very good projection and all-day longevity. Just all-around good in my opinion.
15th December, 2020
Perhaps the best value-for-money rose-oud you'll find, Oud Mosaic is the highlight of Banana Republic's fragrance line and outclasses offerings from considerably more expensive houses (example: Guerlain Santal Royal). A rich, fresh, slightly sweet rose mingles with a well-drawn, almost animalic oud-musk in the base.
29th March, 2020