Amongst Waves (2017)

Year of Launch2017

HouseGallagher Fragrances
PerfumerDaniel Gallagher

About Amongst Waves

Amongst Waves is a shared / unisex perfume by Gallagher Fragrances. The scent was launched in 2017 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Daniel Gallagher

Amongst Waves fragrance notes

Reviews of Amongst Waves

Opening smells like watermelon candy and mint gum. Later it becomes more of just a melon smell with some soft florals.

The whole thing is quite synthetic but still pleasant and interesting. Also, pretty refreshing so should serve nicely as a warm weather, casual scent.

Projection is good and longevity is very good, around 10 hours.
26th September, 2018
Synthetic, artificial, chemical melon warfare in a bottle.

The overall smell is as artificial as the color of the juice.

It has this strange, earthy undertone, it smells off.

This makes most designers smell like high quality.
28th August, 2017
I'm going to keep it simple and not going to name all of the notes or do any explaining of all the notes or about the creators.
This smells OKAY. When I say OK, I mean Carpet Odor Eliminator OKAY.
That's exactly what I am picking up here, and not much else more. Granted it is not BAD. It just doesn't wow me either. There are other scents out there that could probably give you a more realistic, beachy/oceanic vibe. If this were a powder, I'd put it all over the carpet and vacuum it up.
20th July, 2017
Gallagher Fragrances' Amongst Waves has perhaps achieved the most acclaim of any of its offering except perhaps Bergamust. Certainly its name conjures the aquatic, perhaps specifically the sea, and I believe it consistently reminds me of the ocean via a salt water note that figures prominently in the experience.

The honeydew is featured front-and-center, though, and while paired with a combination of several citruses, yields a bright and acerbic opening that eventually gives way to a more balanced coupling of the still-dominant melon with some of the other floral and still-lingering citrus, eventually softening further into a base of vanilla and patchouli.

It's a unique taken on melon that, to me, deviates comfortable from Creed Millesime Imperial and Sean John Unforgivable, the oft-referenced melon-intensive options that similarly favor warm weather wearing.

At the standard current pricing of $135 for 100ml, one probably has to be close to loving Amongst Waves to buy it, and it's not that I find the pricing unreasonable, but I don't think I quite like enough to buy it myself, though. If it sounds intriguing, though, it sure merits trying.

A fun, inventive take on both melon and marine notes by Daniel Gallagher.

7 out of 10
27th June, 2017

Add your review of Amongst Waves

Shop for Amongst Waves products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Amongst Waves

There are no member images of Amongst Waves yet. Why not be the first?