Wonderful and Strange Trio : Future's Past (2017)
by House of Matriarch

Wonderful and Strange Trio : Future's Past information

Year of Launch2017

HouseHouse of Matriarch
PerfumerChristi Meshell

About Wonderful and Strange Trio : Future's Past

25 years have passed since Laura Palmer, the troubled coquette employed at the perfume counter of Horne’s Department Store in David Lynch’s Twin Peaks, made her impression on our minds and hearts.  Since, the echoes of the haunting chords of the famous soundtrack have kept her memory and the mysteries surrounding her death brewing in the collective consciousness. They also ignited the creative inspiration for a collection of perfumes both "wonderful and strange". 13% of the proceeds from the sale of the Wonderful & Strange Trio will be donated to the David Lynch Foundation for consciousness based education and world peace.

Wonderful and Strange Trio : Future's Past fragrance notes

Reviews of Wonderful and Strange Trio : Future's Past

I remember reading about this Twin Peaks themed fragrance trio from House of Matriarch just before it came out in 2017 and of course having an immediate interest in Future's Past as it sounded like a coniferous fragrance and they are my favorite. Unfortunately, I got side tracked and forgot all about it. Jr. Surgeon mentioned it on the Coneheads forum and said it had a wonderful Fir note and so I had to immediately have some. Future's Past opens with one of the best pure Fir needle resin smells available as also mentioned by Junior Surgeon. It is clear and clean and I absolutely love it. It stays somewhat linear but unfortunately doesn't last as long as I would have liked. Perhaps FP takes on a subtly different note towards the end of the noticeable sillage that fades too soon. Sandarac is a listed note, which is a type of Cypress and is less dense than the beautiful Fir note in the opening. The listed note of "Tamarac" is to my knowledge cannabis, so maybe LeMoos is right and I just thought the longevity had ended as the Tamarac kicked in and I got sidetracked by a case of the munchies. Seriously though, I wish this did have better longevity because it is beautiful.
04th May, 2019
My second fave of the trio. Its a green, wet, piney thing. Still, something slightly ominous and dark in there like a night in the woods. Has deceptive sillage. Before reaching for another spray, ask people around you. You possibly already stink to high heaven to their noses.
05th March, 2018