Sole di Positano (2017)

PerfumerOlivier Gillotin
Creative DirectorTom Ford
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Sole di Positano

Sole di Positano is a shared / unisex perfume by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2017 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Olivier Gillotin and Aurélien Guichard

Reviews of Sole di Positano

I have tried all of the TF Neroli frags and this is by far the best one. Do not pass it up if you already own TFNP. For one thing the performance is definitely far better than the others, and that includes NP Forte. I get a solid 6-10 hours depending on how much I apply. I have gotten several compliments and it's one of my wife's top favorites as well. Literally every time I wear it she notices and compliments how good I smell. That being said, the first time I tried it I definitely got more of a feminine vibe compared to the other neroli frags, which seems in line with the other reviews here. However I think it's only feminine leaning in the opening, and once it settles in it has a very rich earthy and mossy quality to it, and leans more masculine. It has a note that I can't describe that my wife refers to as "tortilla chips" which doesn't sound that great in a cologne, but somehow it really works and makes it far more unique than any of the other nerolis. Definitely try this one, because it is not simply a copy of TFNP and if I had to pick one neroli frag from the TF line it would be this one.
25th May, 2020
So far my fave from Tom Ford. This perfectly balances a fresh citrus opening with a white floral background. Very complex and expensive smelling.
18th November, 2019
Yet another lovely citrus floral that is meant to evoke images of Italian coastal places, and does a great job!

I find parallels of experience between SdP and Fleur de Portofino: More feminine-leaning and floral-rich than I may feel comfortable wearing.

Nonetheless, SdP is a classy, well-made EdP from Tom Ford that uses exotic ingredients like ylang ylang, shiso, and lily-of-the-valley to take the mind to sunny bright environs. Moss adds a moderate dryness, but overall SdP smells about the same as others in the Neroli Portofino line, with better longevity and more distinct Mediterranean "views."
26th September, 2018
A little too feminine, but a nice fragrance indeed. The ladies will really like this one. The first two notes that I got were Mandarin and Lily of the valley. Future gift for the Mrs.?
02nd July, 2018
Sole di Positano smells very nice. The problem in my mind is that it basically smells like Neroli Portifino, and I already have Neroli Portofino, so I have no need for SdP. I pick up more petitgrain in the opening of SdP than I do in the opening of NP, but it really does smell A LOT like NP. So, if you're trying to decide on a nice neroli based fragrance and you don't own either one of these, then give this a try. The only other difference I would say is the longevity seems better in Neroli Portofino than in Sole di Positano. In fact, SdP almost feels more like an Eau de Cologne than it does like an Eau de Parfum, whereas NP feels more like an EDP. Neutral rating for me as I try to figure out why Tom Ford would go to the trouble of releasing so many fragrances that are basically the same thing with different names. I guess it's because some people just have to have one of everything.
26th August, 2017
Sole di Positano from Tom Ford is an uplifting and very satisfying bergamot + neroli mediterraean citrus scent. The notes as listed lead one to another and carefully build upon each other to create a sunny mediterranean inspired green citrusy bergamot orange tree scent. I particularly like the mellowness added to the bergamot and orange by Ylang and the entry to neroli through bitter orange along a trail of green shiso. Shiso adds a light soft mossiness. The overall character is sunshine of bergamot, warm languid neroli, and dry sun warmed stone pathway up to a perfect ocean view. Sole di Positano delivers on its promises, unlike Neroli Portofino which never really showed much result for all of its listed unusual notes. I would put Sole di Positano in the same category of excellent summer citrus fragrances, not superior to, but as good as most in the group of: Atelier Bergamote Soleil, Zegna Italian Bergamot, Le Labo Bergamote 22, Zegna Aqua di Bergamotto, and Roja Dove Bergamot. Sole di Positano is different by slight degrees but it is as good a choice as any for a summer lift.
10th July, 2017

Add your review of Sole di Positano

Shop for Sole di Positano products online

Shop for Sole di Positano at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Member images of Sole di Positano

There are no member images of Sole di Positano yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]

Features relating to Sole di Positano