Black Phantom "Memento Mori" (2017)
by By Kilian

Black Phantom "Memento Mori" information

Year of Launch2017

HouseBy Kilian
PerfumerSidonie Lancesseur
Parent Company at launchEstee Lauder Companies

About Black Phantom "Memento Mori"

Black Phantom "Memento Mori" is a shared / unisex perfume by By Kilian. The scent was launched in 2017 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Sidonie Lancesseur

Black Phantom "Memento Mori" fragrance notes

Reviews of Black Phantom "Memento Mori"

A muddied sweetness. Nothing is clearly itself but that isn't a virtue here: it just isn't at all interesting.
17th April, 2020
A pleasant smelling sweet semi-gourmand. Offers nothing new and comes across more designer than niche. At this price point I would have really expected much more.
25th May, 2019 (last edited: 29th May, 2019)
A really yummy boozey fragrance..I get a sugary coffee with raisin's soaked in rum, there are some woody facets in the base that keep it masculine enough for me. The aim was to achieve a sort of gothic pirates lair, the fragrance in part manages to reflect this but suffers in performance on my skin. When I catch the occasional waft it's lovely ..really warming and cosy but most of the time for 6 hours it's a skin scent ..shame really but there are other options like A*men and it's flankers. The presentation is fantastic , a beautiful gothic skull head lockable box that i feel is sadly the best part of the experience.
10th February, 2019 (last edited: 13th February, 2019)
By Kilian Black Phantom is a dark dandy of the velvety underground night, vaguely kind of bohemian and bizarre. I'd have sweared some red berries could have included in the mix (and peraphs caramel is melted with berrish honey). The juice is never sultry, there is something conjuring violets, red jams, liqueurs-creams and incenses. I don't detect almonds to bè honest while rum and sugar cane are there subtle and balanced. Along the trip the juice turns out even more sophisticated and soft, intriguing as a gothic castle. Dark chocolate? Mah, I don't get it while I can catch a touch of coffee included in the dark melange. Finally sandalwood jumps up, creamy, sugary and spicy and several Neela Vermeire creations as Bombay Bling or Trayee come vaguely on mind (and also creations as Balestra Diamante Nero woman, the new Givenchy Gentleman Eau de Parfum and Black Xs for women are there ready to come on mind on a certain extent). The smell ( even modern despite its sinister 800's-like aura) lingers on your skin so melancholic and gothic for many hours, as a black cape you are wearing while pacing the alleys of a monumental churchyard of a old medieval city.
14th October, 2018 (last edited: 15th October, 2018)
Oh kilian.....I want to like you so much but alas I just cant. Honestly this one isnt too bad. As a matter of fact once the boozieness goes away after an hour or so it is fairly pleasent but getting there is tough and the price is just not worth it to me. The notes are fairly accurate. Lots of rum lots of chocolate and caramel. lots of rum lots of rum lots of r...im repeating myself aren't I. Kilian could make some amazing stuff but they are infatuated with making me smell like a drunk.
09th August, 2018
Dark, sweet, woody. Something a little dirty in it, might be the coffee. Really smooth and buttery. Stays sweet from start to finish.

This is definitely a unisex scent, does not lean one way or the other to me. It's sweet and dark throughout, so probably best for colder weather but I don't really have a feel for what occasion this is best for.

I get excellent projection and longevity.
02nd March, 2018 (last edited: 03rd March, 2018)

Add your review of Black Phantom "Memento Mori"

Shop for Black Phantom "Memento Mori" products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Black Phantom "Memento Mori"

There are no member images of Black Phantom "Memento Mori" yet. Why not be the first?

Black Phantom "Memento Mori" News