24 Ice Gold (2016)

24 Ice Gold information

Year of Launch2016

HouseScentStory FZE

About 24 Ice Gold

24 Ice Gold is a shared / unisex perfume by ScentStory FZE. The scent was launched in 2016

24 Ice Gold fragrance notes

Reviews of 24 Ice Gold

I quite liked this until the ‘melted butter’ note hit me - it’s not unpleasant, just odd as a scent.
01st December, 2019
This is an odd one. Ice Gold more or less wears like a fragrance of two distinct layers. The top layer is very much a bright, iced fruity concoction--more specifically lime, apple and what seems like a red, fruit punch kind of note. There are some softer floral notes blended in, and the women's "Light Blue" comparison is for good reason. The top layer comes out with quite a blast, and retains its bright, icy character for some time. While it's good, this is a pretty normal way to begin the scent. However Ice Gold's strangeness exists in the second layer. While there is a pretty apparent woody/cedar musk in the base, there is also a fairly strong "butter popcorn" note, which becomes dominant during the fragrance's second half. But especially while they're both working together, this makes Iced Gold sort of bizarre--more or less iced fruit over butter popcorn with woody/musky accents. The butter popcorn aspect feels warm and, well, buttery, with a smooth, mellow finish. It's quite a contrast to the much colder top layer.

I'm not sure how I feel about this one overall. I like its fruity aspect--I think they did a great job of creating an icy, frozen fruit accord, but the base catches me by surprise and throws me off every time I wear it. I don't know, maybe I'm the only one getting "buttered popcorn" from this, but it will take a few more wears for me to decide if it's something I really enjoy in the end or just a weird twist that feels out-of-place in the greater context of the scent. Until then, I can certainly say that Ice Gold is unique enough, and that its performance is excellent, with both solid projection and longevity. I'll probably update this review with a final verdict after the summer. As of now, I'd say that it's definitely worth sampling.

EDIT: Though I just posted this review recently, it's an old one. Since then there are a couple things I've discovered about Ice Gold that are important to note. 1) Not everyone gets the weird "butter popcorn" smell that I get. I've spoken to people who don't pick up on anything like it at all, so you may not either. 2) This is a better version of the trendy aquatic Pacific Rock Moss that sells for about $185. It smells very similar, but has stronger presence and lasts longer. So if you like Rock Moss and are thinking of getting it, check this out first.
13th August, 2019
I like the opening notes but can only give a neutral rating because of the performance, which is surprising considering past experience with ScentStory. They usually have excellent projection and linear longevity on me.

Very nice citrus/fruit opening that lasts about an hour. After that, the very soft, boring drydown is a powdery rose that doesn't hint towards 24 Gold, but at least it does last for 8+ hours, so there's something good.
25th May, 2017

Add your review of 24 Ice Gold

Shop for 24 Ice Gold products online

Search on eBay

Member images of 24 Ice Gold

There are no member images of 24 Ice Gold yet. Why not be the first?