Replica Soul of the Forest (2016)
by Martin Margiela

Replica Soul of the Forest information

Year of Launch2016

HouseMartin Margiela
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Replica Soul of the Forest

Replica Soul of the Forest is a shared / unisex perfume by Martin Margiela. The scent was launched in 2016

Replica Soul of the Forest fragrance notes

Reviews of Replica Soul of the Forest

I'm not sure why it took me so long to wear this one. But I'm not disapointed at all. Mossy, briefly sweet but not cloying, and as the name suggests....green but a bit dark and damp. Spot on for Replica
13th February, 2019
jumpfrog Show all reviews
They have done a fantastic job on this one. It really does evoke the feeling of walking through a misty, green, mossy forest on a damp day. Very resinous and reminds me of tree sap (balsam presumably). Despite this it is not heavy, cloying, or overbearing. Reminds me of a dark forest not a bright forest in springtime full of young flowers. The incense plays a strong part in characterising this. Mysterious. I've been wearing this often over the winter and have received a few complements. Highly recommended.
01st February, 2019
Lightly green gem with a side kick of incense. The only flaw I noticed was the lack of longevity on my skin. Reminds me of a lighter version of Rykiel Man. 7.5/10
24th July, 2018
Replica perfectly manages in here to combine a ashy/rubbery kind of spiritual leather aesthetic (with a sort of meditative steaming Buddhist Monastery's atmosphere), with a typically indie North American crude mossiness from the wilderness, a misty bitter herbal botanical alchemic twist and the darker more impenetrable mossy atmosphere from the appalling northern forests. A sort of Ideal combination of Profvmum Arso, Slumberhouse Norne (the soul of the forest), Veejaga Hashish Homme, Santa Maria Novella Nostalgia, Armani Privè Bois d'Encens and Tom Ford Bois Marocain. The dominant smoky vibe is gummy but tending to a sort of impervious rocky aridity. Cistus and patchouli enhances an evident earthiness just vaguely coloured by faint berrish fruity accents. A rubbery, incensey, darkly woodsy, mystic and assertive fragrance.
08th July, 2018
This is an interesting scent. Starts with a rather fruity blast from the blackcurrant buds. Something like a crisp green pear here as well. On the dry side. Hints of incense and forest floor.
It claims to be a "fruity chypre" and it is exactly that. Mild thumbs up, not bottle worthy for me but it is interesting and I am glad to see things in the "forest" style.
18th May, 2017

Add your review of Replica Soul of the Forest

Shop for Replica Soul of the Forest products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Replica Soul of the Forest

There are no member images of Replica Soul of the Forest yet. Why not be the first?