Héritage Eau de Parfum (1992)
by Guerlain

Héritage Eau de Parfum information

Year of Launch1992

HouseGuerlain
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton
Parent Company at launchGuerlain

About Héritage Eau de Parfum

Héritage Eau de Parfum is a masculine fragrance by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 1992

Héritage Eau de Parfum fragrance notes

Reviews of Héritage Eau de Parfum

Amazing,just like the edt. Maybe more heady with an incense note. Nothing much more to add. Perfection!!!
02nd March, 2020 (last edited: 12th July, 2020)
This is one of my favorites among the style of traditional, masculine woody orientals. Heritage features a fairly complex blend of spices, woods, and aromatics, and as a result comes across as an interesting and engaging scent. There's an excellent sandalwood accord present here, paired with a dry, earthy-mineralic patchouli and it seems to serve as Heritage's backbone, around which you'll find various embellishments. There's the resinous comfort of amber in its base, which adds depth and fullness; a prickly, aromatic accent along its edges, lead by pepper and oakmoss; and some pleasantly musky funk, slightly warm and animalic, and possibly rooted in coriander, as its dominant smell that accompanies this particular musk. What results is a mature, woody masculine that is both comforting and elegant, alluring and composed. While Heritage would certainly be appropriate to wear with a Tux, dressed up, it's perhaps even better when worn with a flannel, a relaxing warm blend that's perfect company on a lazy weekend. It's this reposed aspect of comforting warmth that I enjoy most about it, and which I find is just a bit more abundant in the EDP as opposed to the EDT. While Heritage may have lost a little bit of its charm over the course of various reformulations (which fragrance hasn't?), the current EDP is still very nice, and as long as I'm not wearing it side by side with an older iteration, I barely notice a difference and enjoy it just the same. While I was originally concerned about how the juice in the new style of Guerlain bottles would smell, I have to say that I think they've done an excellent job with them. If any reformulations have occurred (and they most likely have), they're very well done. I was impressed by both new bottles of Vetiver and L'Instant. Heritage EDP has certainly not disappointed either. Thumbs up. 8.5/10
13th August, 2019
Heritage is probably the Sultan of the designer fragrances' Empire (if could eventually the House of Guerlain be labelled this way), a masterwork of parisian art, a purely masculine royal "crystal". An Opera Theater-kind of fragrance. This EDP version if a warmer, more voluptuous/intimate/baroque/musky/musty/incensey but probably less complex/bold/hesperidic/peppery "format" (less kaleidoscopic along the dry down's long tail). I love to combine either Edt and Edp (each one of the two prayed in a different part of my skin) in order to assemble in a single long olfactory run the whole vast array of spicy/oriental/hesperidic/sacramental nuances. God bless Jean Paul.
14th May, 2019 (last edited: 18th May, 2019)
Zowiee Show all reviews
Have owned a bottle of EDP for quite some time, and at first thought I had a bad bottle of weak juice. But now, after a couple of years, I love this EDP. It does really last for me, not overpowering, but subtly bright and aromatic. One of my all time favorites, for now anyway!!
21st December, 2018
I researched this fragrance, as well as Habit Rouge, before purchasing both from FragranceNet. Unlike my initial uncertainty with Habit Rouge and learning to appreciate it in the dry down, I immediately liked the top notes of Heritage. Like Habit Rouge, it does not disappoint, but unlike Habit Rouge, the journey is more pleasant. I enjoy the heart notes and bass notes which create a synergy that blends each element perfectly to produce ongoing reminders, or waves of olfactory pleasure, which whisper in quiet waves. The sillage invites the senses in a manner that draws a curious response, and the invitations are sent all day, due to the longevity of this fragrance. This is a the kind of fragrance you wear when you mature and appreciate the finer things.
10th December, 2018 (last edited: 18th January, 2019)
After lots of research and testing the EDT and reading that the EDP is more in line with what I like (although I LOVE the EDT). I ordered a bottle on Fragrance.net, new bottle so assuming it is the latest version. I did find one in the old bottle but I'm always nervous of wasting money on something that may be off. Because I wasn't aware of it at launch, with its very masculine and old-school advertising, I have a very different impression of it in real life. I agree with Oviatt's impression that this is more Shalimar than Habit Rouge. I also agree with Luca Turin's description of 'radiant' - I wouldn't exactly term it as 'sillage' because its not a monster scent, but it does in fact radiate off the skin (or even my t-shirt which I sprayed it on today) in waves. Its so smooth and blended that I never really pick out any one note - you know they are all in there, but they are all part of a solidly built structure. I also get a bit of the dirt/skank some describe about 30 minutes in - I actually thought perhaps the bottle I got was 'off' but after about 5 minutes it smooths out. For me the difference between an exceptional scent and a merely good one is the entire drydown of a wearing - so many today are meant to smell nice when you sniff at Sephora, you buy immediately, then wear it a few times and nothing is left after an hour or two and you question why you purchased. But with the classics, the drama and pleasure is in the life of the thing. I have a bottle of Shalimar and for me, those first 15-30 minutes are weird - it only gets better. Heritage, Habit Rouge definitely fit here. Caron Pour Un Homme smells amazing until the end of the day. Frederic Malle's Noir Epices is so well-done (and strong) that I can sometimes still smell it in bed after I've showered. Heritage joins this group for me.
22nd September, 2018 (last edited: 07th July, 2019)

Add your review of Héritage Eau de Parfum

Shop for Héritage Eau de Parfum products online

Shop for Héritage Eau de Parfum at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Héritage Eau de Parfum

There are no member images of Héritage Eau de Parfum yet. Why not be the first?