You Or Someone Like You (2017)
by Etat Libre d'Orange

Creative DirectorChandler Burr
Creative DirectorEtienne de Swardt

About You Or Someone Like You

Chandler Burr:

The raw materials are completely irrelevant. The work is the work. If you need to know what it’s made of, don’t wear it; You is not for you.

You Or Someone Like You fragrance notes

Reviews of You Or Someone Like You

A very enjoyable soft green opening, highlighted by mint, and instantly reminds me of a lighter version of Menthe Fraiche. However, after the opening, it's all down hill. It becomes floral, very floral at that, and turns overly feminine. What a shame, because I love the opening! I'll be getting rid of my bottle soon, to someone who will enjoy it more.
09th March, 2019
Lady In The Garden by Abbott Fuller Graves - Rehs Galleries ++ sitting
22nd February, 2019
I like the opening, unfortunately it doesn't last or really shift much and the mid onward it just goes into a light grapefruit rose type smell on me. It's ultimately pretty boring. Too bad.
26th September, 2018
This isn't for me, but it's a good fragrance, albeit linear.

It contains three notes: roses, mint, herbs. What herbs? Who knows? But the rose is what really drives this scent. It somehow pulls off being unisex. And for a man, this scent seems more casual, both in terms of what you're doing and who you're with. It definitely goes the distance, especially if applied on clothes. I could put this on in the morning and smell it on my sweatshirt the next night, easy.

Not for work. Not for dates. Not for the night.

Wear it to church in the springtime. That's about how narrow it is. But like I said, for what it is, it does it well.

Overall Scent: 5/10

Longevity: 8/10

Sillage: 7/10
19th June, 2018
First thought is that this is a mint based perfume. Not the freshly cut mint, but rather the dry tea kind. Then what complements it is the green leaves; it does have a vegetal and wet feel to it, almost like we've made a mint tea from those dried mint leaves.
The drydown is where the mint takes a back stage and while I can't pin point what exactly I am smelling now, it is a pretty common aroma used heavily in the last few years, especially in the masculine designer releases.
18th May, 2018
Minty fresh. Somewhere between a bag of minted peas and mouthwash. Rose appears in time to give an impression of talc. But that's it. All very clean-scrubbed, innocent and bathroom-y. Not for me thanks.
07th November, 2017

Add your review of You Or Someone Like You

Shop for You Or Someone Like You products online

Search on eBay

Member images of You Or Someone Like You

There are no member images of You Or Someone Like You yet. Why not be the first?