You Or Someone Like You (2017)
by Etat Libre d'Orange

About You Or Someone Like You

Chandler Burr:

You Or Someone Like You fragrance notes

Reviews of You Or Someone Like You

A whiff of it and I'm a kid again on my grandfather's farm, sitting in a meadow in the backyard - so many mint leaves, the black, red and white currant shrubs - it's early summer, so no berries yet, just leaves - and also gooseberry shrubs and raspberry shrubs with their soft and almost fuzzy leaves, and an occasional stinging nettle, too! I am mesmerized.

Chandler Burr says: "The raw materials are completely irrelevant. The work is the work. If you need to know what it’s made of, don’t wear it; You is not for you." He's right in a way. I don't need to know that there are no raspberry or nettle leaves in there, what's important is that I imagine them when I smell this.
04th February, 2021
The smell of sun,grass and happiness.it's so well balanced between citrus and herbs and flowers. just perfection.a cold mint green tea ice cream with a slight twist of lime in a clear glass bowl that's been frosted over in the freezer.delicious!It stayed that way for a nice long time before a lovely floral drydown,the mint still slightly in the background.

It's fresh like rain,clean, bittersweet and invigorating with absolutely no harshness,a bit chilly in a pleasant way.the mint note is one of the most natural mint note I've ever tried.the scent s mostly fragrance to wear in spring& summer but it can easily be worn in colder days as well.The tea combined with the bergamot,cassis,really give a light,airy,fresh,ozonic feeling to the whols fragrance,but the mint is the real player here.it's not a toothpaste-like mint,this is more of a green mint leaf crushed between your fingers kind of mint gives a feeling of early morning in the fields when you feel the freshness of wind on your face.

Close your eyes and enjoy the crispness,the coolness of the mint and herbs and the fresh breakthrough of lemon within a minute or two.Spray this on before bedtime to feel like you're going to sleep on a bed of fresh minty lemony greenery.The sillage is good not heavy at all but definitely noticable.
08th December, 2020
A very enjoyable soft green opening, highlighted by mint, and instantly reminds me of a lighter version of Menthe Fraiche. However, after the opening, it's all down hill. It becomes floral, very floral at that, and turns overly feminine. What a shame, because I love the opening! I'll be getting rid of my bottle soon, to someone who will enjoy it more.

Trying this again about a year later, I am noticing a fishy smell that I didn’t get before. it’s actually giving me a headache.
09th March, 2019 (last edited: 25th January, 2021)
Lady In The Garden by Abbott Fuller Graves - Rehs Galleries ++ sitting
22nd February, 2019
I like the opening, unfortunately it doesn't last or really shift much and the mid onward it just goes into a light grapefruit rose type smell on me. It's ultimately pretty boring. Too bad.
26th September, 2018
This isn't for me, but it's a good fragrance, albeit linear.

It contains three notes: roses, mint, herbs. What herbs? Who knows? But the rose is what really drives this scent. It somehow pulls off being unisex. And for a man, this scent seems more casual, both in terms of what you're doing and who you're with. It definitely goes the distance, especially if applied on clothes. I could put this on in the morning and smell it on my sweatshirt the next night, easy.

Not for work. Not for dates. Not for the night.

Wear it to church in the springtime. That's about how narrow it is. But like I said, for what it is, it does it well.

Overall Scent: 5/10

Longevity: 8/10

Sillage: 7/10
19th June, 2018

Add your review of You Or Someone Like You

Shop for You Or Someone Like You products online

Search on ebay

etat libre d'orange You or someone like you 2ml sample

US • Buy it now: USD 10.00. Current Price: USD 7.10.

Member images of You Or Someone Like You

There are no member images of You Or Someone Like You yet. Why not be the first?