Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua (2017)
by Tom Ford

Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua information

Year of Launch2017

HouseTom Ford
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua

The company say:

A serene perspective of the Amalfi cliffsides, with their citrus fruits and calm idyll, captures the bright tranquility. At day's close, the air, scented with mint, thyme and wildflowers, mingles with a warm breeze of night-blooming flowers.

Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua fragrance notes

Reviews of Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua

Nice and zesty mandarin orange with a very light aquatic background. Perfect for spring and summer months. Aver good one for citrus fixes. 7.5/10
02nd November, 2020
Let's just get this out of the way: Tom Ford's Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua (c'mon Tom, what happy to those short, snappy titles?) has the best orange-aquatic opening on the market and one of the best openings overall I've smelled, especially for summer. Mandarin orange has a natural freshness and I've never met anyone who doesn't like the smell of it. The orange is mixed with clean, fresh accords that blend perfectly with it. It's better than Terre d'Hermes' opening, better than any other attempt at orange that I've smelled. Even when wearing something else, I'll give the handsome blue bottle a squeeze just to smell that opening. It projects quite well at this stage as well.

Unfortunately, the divinity is short-lived and fleeting, maybe an artistic statement on the nature of love. After an hour or so, the lovely orange fades and disappears almost entirely into bright, summery florals that make it smell like every other unisex juice on the market. It's also at this stage where that "unisex" really comes in, the orange opening helps keep things from getting too feminine (while still remaining perfectly good for women to wear), but the floral dry down makes it lean more toward the feminine side.

All that being said, for an EdT, it does last surprisingly long on my skin, even through sweat. For me, the opening is good enough for a recommendation by itself, and even if the dry down is unimpressive, it's also unoffensive and plenty nice.
26th August, 2019
rbaker Show all reviews
An orangey opening with a good lashing of mint makes for a refreshing opening, meant to conjure up the impressions of the Amalfi coast, if one believes the marketing drive.
There is an aquatic undertone that adds extra brightness, but later in the drydown this all retreated to make place for a mix of white florals combined with a cluster is white musks.

I get moderate sillage, good projection and five hours of longevity on my skin.

A summer creation that is initially nice, but the second half is overly generic. 2.75/5.
21st April, 2019
Take the original fruity, spicy musk Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua and load in deliberate, calculated doses of aquatic goodness as well as other fancy spices and floral elements...and you have the credibly different, more expressive "Acqua" version.

Both versions are really great at evoking pictures of Italian country sides and fresh Mediterranean imagery, with the Acqua version feeling "wetter", more vivid in "colors" and not as sweet. Alas, longevity is average for the Acqua version as with the original, leading me to conclude that MdAA is not an "intense" / "extreme" retake of the original, but a reframing of elements that focuses on different aspects of the "Costiera Amalfitana" province by the Tyrrhenian Sea in Italy.

(Remember that Tom Ford tends to think outside the box when it comes to his Private Blend scents.)
24th September, 2018
Smells great...somewhat like the original Mandarin di Amalfi, but softer, which, while a nice change is also the problem. It weakens quickly as if your skin is kryptonite and Mandarino di Amalfi Aqua is Superman. It's a very faint skin scent now 2 hours post application, and I put a fair amount on. What's left is a slight mandarine scent, and a salty vibe that must be the aquatic accord mentioned. I'd stick with the original, as it smells very nice and lasts a whole lot longer. Neutral because of the disappearing act.
22nd October, 2017
Quim Show all reviews
Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua smells amazing! I fell in love with it at first sniff and I went back to Nordstrom a few weeks later and bought it. I should have picked up a sample for testing first though. As good as this smells, I found the performance to be pretty disappointing for the price. I sprayed some on my arm, within 30-45 minutes it was a skin scent and I couldn't smell it at all after about 2 hours.

I ended up returning it and for an extra $20-25, I bought a 3.4 oz bottle of Valentino Uomo Intense for myself and a 5 oz bottle of Chanel Chance Eau Tendre for my wife. If you can find a good deal on this, it may be worth it as it smells amazing. I really enjoy the smell, but I couldn't rationalize paying the retail price for something that doesn't really last.
12th June, 2017

Add your review of Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua

Shop for Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua products online

Shop for Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Member images of Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua

There are no member images of Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]