Saint Julep (2017)

Year of Launch2017

HouseImaginary Authors
PerfumerJosh Meyer

About Saint Julep

Saint Julep is a shared / unisex perfume by Imaginary Authors. The scent was launched in 2017 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Josh Meyer

Saint Julep fragrance notes

Reviews of Saint Julep

This is my second stab at an Imaginary Authors fragrance, but I'm not as impressed as my peers here.

To be fair, the opening is phenomenal, one of the best, most interesting, fresh, and new things I've smelled. It has a niche feel, but it's safe enough to be designer. The lemon note I get in the opening is accompanied by a fresh mint note, and a noticeable sugary quality. reminds me of Sugar in the Raw, if you have ever tasted/smelled that. When I dig my nose deep though, the sugary note just sort of smells like tonka. As it dries, the tonka/sugar accord just takes over, the quick burst of lemon or tangerine as others are calling it, and the mint are both gone, nowhere to be found, and not in sight. As it gets into the middle which comes relatively fast, I'm met with a strange smell. It kind of smells like Creme Brulee, that has been overheated and burned, or better yet, if you have ever had a Baked Alaska, it smells identical to that, which some other added notes going on. It's sweet, it's smokey, yet it's also savory. It's really unique and different, but do I wanna smell like this? It kind of just follows this theme and dies down this way. the lasting power is good, at about 8 hours or so, but projection is not too good for a fresh scent.

Additional Notes: It kind of smells bad as it dries down, similar to others I have tried from this house, the "imaginary note" is very chemical smelling, and here no different, as it smells like plastic.

Received one reaction from a beautiful woman, but I couldn't tell if it was bad or good, and felt perplexed to ask. She didn't ask what I was wearing either, but she said "you smell different" I said "thanks, I guess".. it was definitely awkward. It was within the first 30 minutes of application.

I may revisit this one, but thus far, like others from this house, overhyped, interesting, but ultimately unwearable fragrances. Artistic, and not for most people.
11th June, 2020
Sweet, minty vetiver. I'm having trouble placing the sweetness. It is not entirely unlike the facet of L'homme Cool, except that is mint with something a bit rounder. This is a sharper sweetness akin to pink pepper. It feels energetic, so i'm thinking aldehydes. Initially very pleasing. Two hours in and I don't really feel it changing. Intensity has died down, but it is still pretty strong, and the sweetness has taken a bit of a half-step back, but mostly it seems fairly linear. 5 hrs in its pretty quiet, and still smells the same. That is gonna pretty much wrap up that one. Id say next time i check it will be too faint. Seems like a people pleaser. It hit me just now, it kinda reminds me of Metalique.
01st February, 2020
Saint Julep is pretty nice. To me the driving force is the sugar cube accord. Others have compared it to BR540, and the sugar note is what makes that connection for me, but not much else. Luckily, it's not a nuclear sweetness, it's definitely not cloying. I do wish other aspects of the mix came out a bit stronger, I would have liked to have gotten a bit more bourbon or magnolia. But maybe they'll come out better on a second wearing. I do have occasional "weak nose" days. Certainly worth a sample.
02nd October, 2019
This fragrance will be your summer theme fragrance. Please believe the other reviewers that go into detail about the notes. This stuff is awesome. I will give a better review in the spring when I start wearing it again.

If you don't have a bottle, order it now before something silly happens... like it becoming discontinued.
30th December, 2018
Starts off like a minty-salty version of Baccarat Rouge 540. Keeps that cotton candy sweetness into the drydown but then you get more of the green notes, almost vetiver-like. Similar to the MFK, it is very sweet so seems unisex to me.

On my skin, the projection is quite good and longevity is in the 6-8 hour range.
30th October, 2018 (last edited: 31st October, 2018)
Saint Julep is becoming my “go to” summer fragrance. Imaginary Authors creates scents that my chemistry absorbs with intent, letting the world know what fragrance I have on. My personality begs for perfumes that “herald.” Sillage is good, and Saint Julep has lasting power on my skin. The opening has a burnt sugar affect, but soon that morphs into a Bourbon/citrus blend, (Bourbon like Baker’s or Blanton’s, with more of a caramel taste) reminiscent of past summer days drinking Pimms; a self indulgent, absent “Tennessee Williams day,” trying to impress a young lady in a sundress and a floppy hat. I feel comfortable wearing Saint Julep, and it “works” on these hot, desert like days, in Utah.
30th August, 2018

Add your review of Saint Julep

Shop for Saint Julep products online

Shop for Saint Julep at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Saint Julep

There are no member images of Saint Julep yet. Why not be the first?